Windows 10: Custom UWP app Tiles?

Discus and support Custom UWP app Tiles? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently got super interested in having a customized Start menu with consistent icons, and found an app on the Microsoft Store (EdgeTile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aninfinitedesign, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Custom UWP app Tiles?

Hey all,

I recently got super interested in having a customized Start menu with consistent icons, and found an app on the Microsoft Store (EdgeTile Creators), that allows you to create custom icons for .exe's on your computer. That said, there's no way to do this with UWP apps because they don't have .exe's to launch. Has anyone found a way to create custom Start Tiles for apps following the UWP standard?

I got all excited because most of the Adobe Suite is x86, so I've been making icons for most of the apps, only to discover Fresco is UWP.

Oh and here's some examples of my icons

submitted by /u/aninfinitedesign
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aninfinitedesign, Feb 10, 2020

2. UWP app live tiles not working

I did what you suggested, but after a while the tiles went to solid colors again.

ConradoCane, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio

Source: UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Custom UWP app Tiles?

UWP app live tiles not working

I had this same issue where the tiles of UWP programs installed on the SD card were blank (title with no icon). The UWP apps still worked. Uninstalling and re-installing from the store didn't help.

The workaround I found was to go into the settings>system>apps & features and temporarily move the UWP app from the SD card (in my case DCustom UWP app Tiles? :) back to C:. Once I did that, the tiles on the start menu returned back to normal.

I was then able to go back into the settings>system>apps & features and move the UWP app back to the SD card. After moving it back to the SD card, the tiles remained fixed.

I think Microsoft has a bug that causes this to happen when a UWP app is installed directly to the SD card vs installing to C: and then moving it to the SD card. I have since changed my default installation
    location for UWP apps to be on C: and I will just manually move them to the SD card once they are installed.

I am not sure if the tile will go blank again if a future update for the UWP app is installed by the windows store.

Hopefully, this issue is addressed in a future windows 10 update.

The Great Zorg, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Custom UWP app Tiles?

1. Custom UWP app Tiles? - Similar Threads - Custom UWP app

2. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  3. Customizing Action center tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customizing Action center tiles: Is there any way to customize the action center tiles? Any third-party software to add custom tiles? I really like the action center but the tiles are very limited in number and I'm willing to add more tiles like microphone switch and so on. If anything exists that can help...
  4. Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles

Personalizing/Customization of Windows Tiles: Hello Team, I'm having long standing question on customizing Windows tiles that appear on Start menu as tiles occupies entire window, I'm finding for an answer on online which some how related, but I haven't got the answers exactly as how I expect. I'm glad that I ended up...
  5. Creating Custom Tiles?

Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  6. Create custom tiles

Create custom tiles: How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links? Thanks, Bill 42854
  7. Custom Tiles yet?

Custom Tiles yet?: Greetings! Does anyone know of a way to customize the Tiles of Windows 10 like how it's currently possible when using OblyTile in Windows 8.1? While I'm really liking the concept of Tiles I, in general, do not like how they look like as everything end up a huge mess of...
  8. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...
  9. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  10. Start menu tile customization

Start menu tile customization: Hi Guys, Okay so I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 the Start Menu had categories like "Life at a glance" and so on. However, I removed all of the tiles because at that time I felt like I didn't need them. Now, I would...