Windows 10: Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen

Discus and support Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone i am posting because I'm desperate and i feel I've tried everything. I built my new computer specs are below MOBO: MSI MAG b550... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by i77anoize, Sep 5, 2020.

1. i77anoize Win User

Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen

Hello everyone i am posting because I'm desperate and i feel I've tried everything. I built my new computer specs are below

MOBO: MSI MAG b550 Tomahawk
    CPU: ryzen 5 3600
    RAM: Corsair vengeance 2×8gb
    GPU: MSI RTX 2070 SUPER
    HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda
    CPU Cooler: ID cooling auraflow 240

My issue is with my windows 10 install. Everything boots up fine fans work and everything and I'm able to get to my bios. I created a windows 10 install on usb and begin my install to my 1tb hdd. I set my boot options to the usb first then the hdd second. Begin windows custom install, delete partitions on hdd for fresh install, click next not new, install begins and gets devices ready and computer restarts, after reboot the motherboard screen appears and windows circles at bottom of screen begin spinning for a bit then just stop. I am able to see mouse on screen when i move it but it stays frozen.
    I have tried everything it seems to try and fix this. I've tried booting up with 1 ram stick, I've rest CMOS, updated bios, tried a different usb and a different harddrive for the installs, tried turning off system before it restarts, different sata and usb ports, unplugged all peripherals and internet. I have not tried taking everything a part but I've had this issue before and was able to fix but i cant remember how so i dont think taking everything apart will fix it. Please someone help!

:)

i77anoize, Sep 5, 2020
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Sep 5, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Nick259 Win User

Friends computer freezing at windows loading screen

Ok my friend is having problems with his computer right now. Basically it crashed on the windows loading screen. This is what he told me on MSN.

Now i'm not too sure what the problem is. I suggested doing a repair install with the xp disk (i'll be giving him that tomorrow) but in the mean time do any of you have any ideas?

Nick259, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Custom windows 10 install freezes on MOBO screen - Similar Threads - Custom install freezes

2. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom PC Freezing: Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force...
  3. Custom PC Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Custom PC Freezing: Hello,I recently built a custom PC and have been having substantial difficulty running it. I have loaded a USB with windows 10 installation media and necessary drivers. When I boot from the USB, I find that the computer freezes almost instantaneously. However, if I force...
  4. Custom install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom install of windows 10: I have my PC with preinstalled Microsoft office 2007. Will Office 2007 get deleted if I custom install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-install-of-windows-10/3d230dcd-c8c5-4b84-81c9-2aeb321c17c6
  5. Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mobo died, changed mobo, Windows 10 will not activate.: Mobo died, I changed out the mobo, now Windows 10 will not activate. I've tried following the activation tutorial with the bot. As I purchased Windows 10 online I do not have an activation code. I was able to recover my installation ID but the bot will not recognize it....
  6. Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes: Hello all, Long story short, I replaced my motherboard last night and since then I've been having some BSOD, freezes and crashes. Narrowing it down, I think it may be driver related. But honestly, I have no clue. Here are my specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super...
  7. Windows 10 install on a non-efi mobo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 install on a non-efi mobo: Hello, I'm trying to install windows 10 trough an usb stick made with rufus on a system that has a GA 970 UD3 rev 1.1 f8f (latest) firmware mobo. System details: amd fx 8350, 16 gigs of 2x8 corsair vengeance ddr3, a GTX970 and a 480 ssd with a MSDOS partition table. First...
  8. PC Freezing - Faulty PSU or MOBO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Freezing - Faulty PSU or MOBO: Hello guys, my pc 4 years old and self build ( i didnt change any part after build it). When i try to play games my pc freezing with buzzing sound and forces me to close it. If i close my pc and try to open it again sometimes i can do it by 1-2 try but sometimes it took...
  9. Custom Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Custom Install Windows 10: How to: Custom Install Windows 10 How to Custom Install Windows 10 When you perform a custom install of Windows 10, a clean install of Windows 10 is performed only on the same partition as the previous installation of Windows to replace it, and the previous installation...
  10. Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install Win 10 - UEFI Mobo: I have a question for you all. I did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64 bit on a SSD drive. The motherboard is a new ASUS Z170-E with UEFI. I created a Fat32 thumb drive, made it UEFI bootable using Rufus, and installed a ISO created with ISODisk. I booted the PC with the thumb...