Windows 10: Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons

Discus and support Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to install custom themes from DeviantArt (like this one). I'm on winver 1903. I've used the UltraUXThemePatcher to patch themeui.dll and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meTah, Feb 18, 2020.

1. /u/meTah Win User

Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons

I'm trying to install custom themes from DeviantArt (like this one). I'm on winver 1903. I've used the UltraUXThemePatcher to patch themeui.dll and uxinit.dll (it says uxtheme.dll does not need to be patched when I open it). I had to do the "take ownership" trick to get it to patch the files.

HOWEVER, no matter which theme I pick, the min/max/close buttons on the title bar do not change to the icons used by the theme. The system colors seem to change okay (e.g. Notepad and Explorer have dark backgrounds). But the title bar buttons have the default icons no matter what I do.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

submitted by /u/meTah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meTah, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Hawky Win User

How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10

Is there any way to change the color of the Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons in Windows 10? The reason I ask is that if I set my Window border color to black (through the hidden Color and Appearance window) or any dark color for that matter, I can't see the buttons at all! *Huh

Border color set to white:

Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons [​IMG]

Border color set to black:

Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons [​IMG]

Edit: I also just noticed something else. The window name is also black so you can't see that either with the black border.

Hawky, Feb 18, 2020
  3. mykou Win User
    How do I change Minimize, Maximize, and Close colors in Windows 10

Hi

I had this problem too so I decide to make my own visual style ( using vista style builder - paid licence but worth it )

so I changed buttons colors like the minimize one for example in screenshot :

otherwise the easiest way is to find a theme which have already modified buttons color .

mykou, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons

minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

minimize/maximize/close buttons missing on top right of screen how do I get them back pls

flyingdutchman52, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons

1. Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons - Similar Threads - Custom Themes failing

2. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  3. minimize,maximize,close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimize,maximize,close buttons: The system apps minimize, maximize, close buttons are not in windows 11 style what should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximizeclose-buttons/db5ae5bd-cdfa-4f91-aed9-49458795cbb7
  4. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  5. Close, Minimize and Maximize button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close, Minimize and Maximize button: How can I change the position of close, minimize and maximize button to other position or change entire bar to other position? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-minimize-and-maximize-button/23edbf65-9852-4c78-a554-a427e213e8d1
  6. minimize/maximize/close buttons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize/maximize/close buttons missing: minimize/maximize/close buttons missing.The location of these buttons is active but the buttons themselves are not visible. I have also found that several other selectable buttons on other programs and applications are also not visible. The mouse can select these buttons if I...
  7. Custom theme is not changing minimize/close buttons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom theme is not changing minimize/close buttons: Windows version: 18363 Monitor: 2k, I think the main cause of the issue Been testing custom themes recently, have given my windows an incredibly cool look. The only problem I've faced is the inability of a theme to change minimize/close buttons on windows. I've tried...
  8. Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons

Custom Windows 10 Themes failing to change the minimize/maximize/close buttons: I'm re-posting this question since I have yet to find a solution... I'm trying to install custom themes from DeviantArt (like this one). I've tried multiple ways to patch the system: UltraUXThemePatcher, SecureUXTheme, as well as the method in this video. Regardless of...
  9. Minimize, maximize, close buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize, maximize, close buttons: How do I restore the Minimize, maximize and close buttons on the upper right of my browser screens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-maximize-close-buttons/39d9dca0-e909-482c-b3a6-a222dfd7d5e5
  10. Change the look of the minimize, maximize, close buttons?

Change the look of the minimize, maximize, close buttons?: Is there a way to change the look of the buttons back to the windows 7 version? I already changed the start button look with "open shell" but cannot find such an option for those buttons. submitted by /u/NarrowHornet [link] [comments]...