Windows 10: Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

Discus and support Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many of you already knew this could come up where things did seem to back fire in MS faces as to how they have made a change in how they deliver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Night Hawk, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

Many of you already knew this could come up where things did seem to back fire in MS faces as to how they have made a change in how they deliver things? A large petition came as a result of how many were seeing 10 go on at least partially as far as still needing to see some user interaction but not fully aware of just what the update was all about.

see full report

Night Hawk, Oct 19, 2015

2. Thank you for this! *Thumbs

:)

Cluster Head, Oct 19, 2015
  3. CtitanicMVP, Oct 19, 2015
  4. Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

petition to the changes made after updates

I'm just enquiring if there are any petitions we can use on this site because if Microsoft cares about its members then surly they need to know about there action they take with things like the recent updates were we have no option than to enter a password
    so that I can use my own computer if you use a Microsoft account as I feel so strongly about this irritating change

micklowe44, Oct 19, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I am not an Attorney but I do not believe that MS has to follow the results of any survey. They are a Corporation, if I don't like want GM is doing all the signers in the world on a petition would not mean a hill of beans.

6. Night Hawk, Oct 19, 2015
  7. labeeman Win User
    Yep You are right No hill of beans for the accounting department to count.LOL

labeeman, Oct 19, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

Many are irked more about the privacy concerns, as well as MS being pushy about upgrading to 10.

9. As much as I think everyone should mitigate to Windows 10 before the free year is over, some people DO need time to get things ready. Release an update to the GWX applet to remind the user, when of their choice, to do the update.

Although what amuses me is that people will dive head first into a new smartphone OS update on day one, the MOST vital computing device used today, a lot people's way of communicating to the outside world, without any disregard or concern whatsoever. apple is so notorious for day one bugs that don't get fixed for several weeks. android I can understand because only the last 100 million people that bought an android device can get the update within the year. But when it comes to Windows, lock the doors, shut the windows, disconnect the internet, all hell as broken loose. A free upgrade that has a chockfull of great new features if you're coming from 7, lots of refinement if you're coming from 8.1, and the only thing anyone is concerned about is obscure privacy "concerns" (as if Windows is the first platform to use user data without the user's knowledge) and the updates are only automatic in 10 without being able to be changed (as if more than 12 people even change that function, only pirates do).

And then there's the group that "just don't need it." Ok, that's understandable. Your grandparents just got used to 8.1, no need to be changing things up. But even still, if those people that don't need it because they just email and browse the interwebs, older software isn't going to cut it down the road. We don't need another Windows Xp.

Coke Robot, Oct 19, 2015
  10. BillyBob Win User
    1,600 people, what's that as a percentage of 1,500 million, actually looking at my own figures that's about 1 millionth.

BillyBob, Oct 19, 2015
  11. Petitions are listened to much more by local politicians then the CEO at any large corporation like MS with much more weight! As long as no laws are being broken MS has the final say on what is done with their own product whether we do or don't like it!

The intrusion of seeing the upgrade already downloaded and ready to go on as well as allegations of some of the settings during the set up being spy tools is what bloggers have harped on while MS has it's own marketing agenda you would likely need insider information on in order to see what the actual MS plans are about.

Why does anyone have to migrate to 10? Just because it's the latest didn't work so well for Vista back then or for 8! And ME also got the "Flop" label.

The people who raved about XP could only do so back then since MS was too slow getting anything done including all the long awaited for fixes needed for the XP rush job following the ME flop! I dual booted 98SE as long as I could but never got to even look at ME or try 2000 which did see a good rep there. SP3 didn't come along until people were taking 7 seriously a bit too late for fixing it by then.

And who says the grand parents are running 8.1 not still 9x?! or 2000, XP, or Vista going to the way side in 2016? While most ISP gear seen now wouldn't support the Legacy versions any there are still numerous XP, Vista, and 7 systems out there still in use.

Gee then I shouldn't care any if you do or don't lose any then?! *What"who said that?" *Doh*Roflmao2

The discussion is mostly hypothetical to start with since none of us know precisely what was discussed in MS board room meetings! But I can readily understand why many are a bit "hot under the collar" about all this however. You think you are installing just another typical update for some of those novice users anyways and restart the system as usual and find a new OS is running?! *Mad GGGrrrrrr... "Hey what's going on?! what is this crap?!" being the more likely typical reaction for someone not planning any OS changes!

Night Hawk, Oct 19, 2015
  12. I don't agree with CEO Staya Nadella's assumption that most Windows users aren't bright enough to comprehend updates, or are confused when there are too many options. After 2 months on this O.S., I'm still coming across the need to do things in Windows 10, that I could do in Windows 7, Vista..and even XP. Only in Windows 10, they've been removed. Average User does not equal dumb!

AllenChicago, Oct 20, 2015
  13. Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

Well, ... . *Rolleyes When you visit tech webpages and forums like this one, you might get an idea, that people know their way around Windows and such, but those people make like 0.1% of users. I am actually amazed, that some people manage to find a support forum and post a question, but numbers prove plain facts.

TairikuOkami, Oct 20, 2015
  14. mrpumpkin Win User
    Wow. I guess I posted this in the wrong place.

Patch Tuesday feeds win 10 pop-up to win7 users?

There are many presumptions in your post. The thing is, many respectable blogs have been following, and this past week has not been kind to MS. And the OP info is fuel to the fire, IMO.

It's not the OS. it's the tactics. Android, Apple, I know what I'm getting into. But to 'accidentally' upgrade Win7 users? 'It's free' is not an excuse. 'Better' is subjective. 'Corporations have the right...it's free.' =crazy. Only the 'lame' and 'old' is insulting.

Maybe your comparison might be more applicable if MS had a major share in ARM and smart devices, but they do not. The Surface products look very nice indeed, but the corporate culture is stinking this past week, and it is a turn-off to many of their base: the majority being win 7 users.

mrpumpkin, Oct 20, 2015
  15. Well that's who took over for Steve Balmer when he stepped down! This is the lame thinking you are seeing there as they try to feebly cover up just what their plans had been. The problem is and what resulted in seeing the petition to start with is most users automatically know when something isn't right! You don't have to be any OS geek to smell what was being shoveled!

The back fire is taking place as I was feeling would come out of how MS was handling things at this time. It reminds me of one interview with BG right after 8 was first out about how he claimed to prefer the Start menu and Windows or over Metro. You can take that as a factual statement or "saving face in the public spotlight"?! Likewise the CEO's statement there has to be taken with a grain of salt for very similar reasons only this time by surprise attacks on how 10 is being brought in!

Night Hawk, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices

1. Customers petition to demand changes to Windows 10 update practices - Similar Threads - Customers petition demand

2. Petition demands that Microsoft extends Windows 10 support

in Windows 10 News
    Petition demands that Microsoft extends Windows 10 support: Public Interest Research Group (PIRG) petitioned Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella this week to reconsider ending support for Windows 10 in October 2025. Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system was released in 2015 with a ten year support period. The operating system continues to...
  3. Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update: I updated my 15" laptop this morning and it will not allow me sign in unless I create a PIN. I have a password but there is no option to use it. I have circumvented the PIN to access the settings but the is NO option to sign in with a password. If I reboot I have to go...
  4. Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update: I updated my 15" laptop this morning and it will not allow me sign in unless I create a PIN. I have a password but there is no option to use it. I have circumvented the PIN to access the settings but the is NO option to sign in with a password. If I reboot I have to go...
  5. Windows 10 Demanding PIN After Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Petition to get iMessage working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Petition to get iMessage working on Windows 10: Hey guys, minor inconvenience petition here, but one I'd like to see happen. Title says it all - currently iMessage doesn't integrate at all with Windows 10 and I'd like to see that changed. Apple doesn't even offer a browser-based option whereas Android does. Petition is...
  7. Petition: Bring Aero ti Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Petition: Bring Aero ti Windows 10: Support it! https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-bring-aero-glass-shell-to-windows-10 submitted by /u/adamantinum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eparn0/petition_bring_aero_ti_windows_10/
  8. Microsoft Update Best Practices - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Update Best Practices - Windows 10: I have a classroom of 30 laptop computers running Windows 10. I am constantly having to run "Check for Updates" and "Check online for updates from Microsoft Update" to keep all my laptops running and updated. What are thebest practices to keep my laptops updated...
  9. Windows 10 Petition - Separate Major Releases from Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Petition - Separate Major Releases from Security Updates: We have three main systems with a fourth expected for delivery, two Surface tablet devices, and are expecting to start our own business soon. However, they have been stuck at Major Release 1703 since last October. Why? Because Microsoft wants users to test unstable Windows...
  10. Update changed MY customizations

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update changed MY customizations: *Mad Does anyone know how to fix it so that when Microsoft does updates, NONE of MY customizations are changed, undone or replaced? I just found out that the latest update changed MY sound scheme, removed settings I had in place & reinstalled files & folders I PURPOSELY...