Windows 10: Customise Edge

Discus and support Customise Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Chromium Edge, when I enter something in the search box, then press enter, it opens in the current tab. Is there a way to make it open in a new tab?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by john3650, Oct 9, 2020.

1. john3650 Win User

Customise Edge

In Chromium Edge, when I enter something in the search box, then press enter, it opens in the current tab. Is there a way to make it open in a new tab?

Thank you

:)

john3650, Oct 9, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Help with Microsoft Edge

Hi Graig,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).

• Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.

• After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to
    assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Customise Edge

How do I customise Microsoft Edge to add colour to the very bland title bars in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

In Microsoft Edge you will be able to change the theme, but you will not be able to customize the color

If you want to change the theme of the Microsoft Edge follow the Steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Select settings.

• Under Choose a them you can select the theme.

For customizing color, I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Microsoft Edge feedback. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience

Thank You.

Arun B J, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Customise Edge

1. Customise Edge - Similar Threads - Customise Edge

2. How do you customise accent shortcuts in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you customise accent shortcuts in Windows 11?: On all previous versions of Windows I've used, my keyboard has been set to ENG UK and I've been able to get accents the same way. Since getting a laptop with Windows 11, some of the shortcuts have changed:Ctrl + ' prints a grave ` when it used to print an acute ´;Ctrl + #...
  3. How do you customise accent shortcuts in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you customise accent shortcuts in Windows 11?: On all previous versions of Windows I've used, my keyboard has been set to ENG UK and I've been able to get accents the same way. Since getting a laptop with Windows 11, some of the shortcuts have changed:Ctrl + ' prints a grave ` when it used to print an acute ´;Ctrl + #...
  4. Is it possible to customise the cursor for Xbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to customise the cursor for Xbox?: I'm using a keyboard and mouse to play Minecraft on my Xbox. I was just wondering if there was a method to modify the cursor because I found it to be too big....
  5. Is it possible to customise the cursor for Xbox?

Is it possible to customise the cursor for Xbox?: I'm using a keyboard and mouse to play Minecraft on my Xbox. I was just wondering if there was a method to modify the cursor because I found it to be too big....
  6. How do you change the background to a customised one in the Microsoft To Do App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you change the background to a customised one in the Microsoft To Do App?: How do you change the background to a customised one in the Microsoft To Do App. There are only a select few to choose from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-background-to-a-customised/9505973e-41e0-430e-ad91-85a10782a842
  7. How to change/customise touchscreen left edge pull gesture ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change/customise touchscreen left edge pull gesture ?: on a touch screen display or surface notebook/laptop with windows 11I want to be able to use left edge pull gesture exactly like windows 10 show all open windows/task view rather than show widgets.ie: its fine to leave the 3 finger slide up gesture alone , I just want left...
  8. How to change/customise touchscreen left edge pull gesture ?

How to change/customise touchscreen left edge pull gesture ?: on a touch screen display or surface notebook/laptop with windows 11I want to be able to use left edge pull gesture exactly like windows 10 show all open windows/task view rather than show widgets.ie: its fine to leave the 3 finger slide up gesture alone , I just want left...
  9. cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page

cannot find customise button anywhere on edge home page: cannot find customize button on edge home page . Used to have autos and travel gone and cannot get back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-find-customise-button-anywhere-on-edge-home/2decf0a3-ebb3-4003-a248-445974f806bf
  10. Customise Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Customise Edge: Since the latest update to Edge it no longer opens with my selected home pages. I have checked settings and they are still listed to show on opening, but all I get is a new blank tab on opening. Any advice appreciated for this annoying fault. Update 91.0.864.37 180138