Windows 10: Customise Folder Not Working

Discus and support Customise Folder Not Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GizzmanSL2, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Customise Folder Not Working

Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab.

For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to make folders for music but nothing changes when i apply via the customise tab so i have to go into the folder and manually select contributing artist, album, title etc

Worse yet this also resets so in my music folder it defaults back to date modified, size etc when i want the columns for music, very annoying especially when you have loads of folders full of music

Please check pictures for example:

Customise Folder Not Working 2ac92a4d-170e-496e-9dd0-153fc91dd976?upload=true.png

Customise Folder Not Working 6912e650-aa54-4d51-9f78-2e0e6fb39403?upload=true.png

Customise Folder Not Working b642a871-60cc-4e05-8474-0c80134eec26?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1903

Build: 18362.239

PC:

i7 6700k, M.2, 16GB Ram. GTX 1080

Many thanks

:)

GizzmanSL2, Aug 11, 2019

2. Customising Folder Icons

I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders.

How to do it?

Murali Mani M, Aug 11, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. cheesy999 Win User

Customise Folder Not Working

Desktop Customisation Thread

I noticed that although TPU has a lot of space devoted to the customisation of PC's, it has very little in the way of customisation when it comes to the actual software, therefore, i have created this thread so that people can share and discuss the ways they customise the software of their PC.

This includes Desktop backgrounds, Themes, Rainmeter set-ups, even customisations of specific programs, basically customising software in general.

I don't have too much to work with at the moment, but by the end i hope to have a thread full of instructions on how to do just about any modifications or customisation to your software, starting with basic's, all the way over to stuff that should only be considered by the most skilled people.

1)Desktop backgrounds
    This is a list of sites containing many great desktop backgrounds, for now these are just recommendations i got from kierend but if anyone else has any sites just post or PM me and i'll add them
    2)themes
    Just the one for now
    3)Rainmeter
    I will have a more in depth walkthrough later, but for now he're one i did on the UK clubhouse, it shows you how to modify the omnimo theme so instead of the full theme you just get a catalog of gadgets and tools on your desktop

Spoiler: Walkthrough Download this --> http://rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.0.exe, run the installer, select either 32bit or 64, it doesn't matter

download this --> http://www.deviantart.com/download/...o_4_0_for_rainmeter_by_fediafedia-d2mhn7l.zip --> unzip it --> run the setup file

--> the omnimo theme will start, but it will configure your PC in a windows phone 7 like fashion, just select the correct screen resolution, weather code etc, and let it set itself up

Important bit now, right click one of the panel, and go through the menu to :\WP7\background, and click 'BG.INI' to disable it

you will then have a load of free panels floating on your desktop, you can now move them remove them, and somewhere on your desktop will be an arrow in a circle, click this and it will give you a load of new panels to add, which will do a large variety of different features
    Overall, here is a short list i have composed, more will follow later
    Omnimo UI for Rainmeter --> Very customisable, you can do or make basically any desktop you want
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool

More will follow soon (probably tomorrow as i don't have much time for now, but if anyone wants to add anything please post and share it with us*Smile Customise Folder Not Working :))

cheesy999, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Customise Folder Not Working

1. Customise Folder Not Working - Similar Threads - Customise Folder Working

2. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?: Hi,I have 'project' folders that I want to appear in a certain way. None of the available folder types will do the job without mucking things up for the 'normal' folders. So...1 Is it possible to create custom folder types, by the backdoor if necessary?2 Didn't we used to be...
  3. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?: Hi,I have 'project' folders that I want to appear in a certain way. None of the available folder types will do the job without mucking things up for the 'normal' folders. So...1 Is it possible to create custom folder types, by the backdoor if necessary?2 Didn't we used to be...
  4. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  6. Picture folder customisation disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture folder customisation disappears: AGAIN all the selected pictures showing the best photo within my wildlife Photo folders have disappeared, leaving default blue icons. This has happened at least 3 times before. Its a real pain because I use the folder icons as a quick guide when trying to identify species I...
  7. Applying folder customisations to every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applying folder customisations to every folder: Is it possible to apply a folder customisation (columns like name, date modified, etc. and their width) to every folder on my computer? Ideally it would also be applied to new folders I create. submitted by /u/HalfOfAKebab [link] [comments]...
  8. Customise Folder is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise Folder is Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  9. Customisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  10. Customising Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customising Folder Icons: I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customising-folder-icons/e092c859-c167-468f-9254-68183b0a65d8"