Windows 10: Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10

Discus and support Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This is with respect to the above "locked" thread, at Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10 in which MS gave no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Suman.Lal, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Suman.Lal Win User

Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10

Hi,

This is with respect to the above "locked" thread, at Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10 in which MS gave no satisfactory response.

There is a small workaround which makes the navigation pane folder tree have a larger "apparent" indent. See the attached image below.

Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10 9438a142-2381-4996-95ca-3cbd5681b4d8?upload=true.png

I did two things:

a Took a folder icon .ico file in an icon editor, made the "folder" icon image smaller proportionally i.e. width+height, and moved it towards the left side of the original canvas. Now the same icon file has empty transparent space towards its right within the canvas. The icon file was saved in a proper location.

b In the registry, I made an edit to use this new icon file, as per the details given inChange Windows 10 folder icons with *.ico file.

Now, the tree appears to have more indents for sub-folders, as compared to the original scenario.

Regards

:)

Suman.Lal, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10

1. Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10 - Similar Threads - Customise indentation gridlines

2. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  3. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  4. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Customising File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customising File Explorer?: How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date - etc. When I set them and close explorer they revert back to their original order, how do I stop that? And how do i set it to...
  6. Customising File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Customising File Explorer?: How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date - etc. When I set them and close explorer they revert back to their original order, how do I stop that? And how do i set it to...
  7. Windows Explorer customise folder-types and values?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer customise folder-types and values?: Windows Explorer lets you set what type of files to adjust the shown details of files in a folder to. So, if you set a folder to "Music", details such as Song Title, Artist and Album will be shown. You can also set it to pictures, documents, videos and other file types. Is...
  8. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  9. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  10. how to change explorer indents

how to change explorer indents: How do change indents in explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-explorer-indents/0ff6c61f-89c6-4b71-b98c-99f6b134894d"