Windows 10: Customise News Source

Discus and support Customise News Source in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to chose the news source on my Microsoft Edge browser. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RohanVirdee, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Customise News Source

I would like to chose the news source on my Microsoft Edge browser. How do I do that?

:)

RohanVirdee, Aug 31, 2020
  2. cheesy999 Win User

Desktop Customisation Thread

I noticed that although TPU has a lot of space devoted to the customisation of PC's, it has very little in the way of customisation when it comes to the actual software, therefore, i have created this thread so that people can share and discuss the ways they customise the software of their PC.

This includes Desktop backgrounds, Themes, Rainmeter set-ups, even customisations of specific programs, basically customising software in general.

I don't have too much to work with at the moment, but by the end i hope to have a thread full of instructions on how to do just about any modifications or customisation to your software, starting with basic's, all the way over to stuff that should only be considered by the most skilled people.

1)Desktop backgrounds
    This is a list of sites containing many great desktop backgrounds, for now these are just recommendations i got from kierend but if anyone else has any sites just post or PM me and i'll add them
    2)themes
    Just the one for now
    3)Rainmeter
    I will have a more in depth walkthrough later, but for now he're one i did on the UK clubhouse, it shows you how to modify the omnimo theme so instead of the full theme you just get a catalog of gadgets and tools on your desktop

Spoiler: Walkthrough Download this --> http://rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/Rainmeter-2.0.exe, run the installer, select either 32bit or 64, it doesn't matter

download this --> http://www.deviantart.com/download/...o_4_0_for_rainmeter_by_fediafedia-d2mhn7l.zip --> unzip it --> run the setup file

--> the omnimo theme will start, but it will configure your PC in a windows phone 7 like fashion, just select the correct screen resolution, weather code etc, and let it set itself up

Important bit now, right click one of the panel, and go through the menu to :\WP7\background, and click 'BG.INI' to disable it

you will then have a load of free panels floating on your desktop, you can now move them remove them, and somewhere on your desktop will be an arrow in a circle, click this and it will give you a load of new panels to add, which will do a large variety of different features
    Overall, here is a short list i have composed, more will follow later
    Omnimo 10 for Rainmeter --> Very customisable, you can do or make basically any desktop you want
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool
    Rainmeter, desktop customization tool
    http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/?q=Suites_ABP

More will follow soon (probably tomorrow as i don't have much time for now, but if anyone wants to add anything please post and share it with us*Smile Customise News Source :))

cheesy999, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Add News sources?

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

To add new source in the News app follow the instructions provided below and check if it helps.

• Open News app.

• Click on interests or half star symbol.

• Click on Add an interest or + symbol.

• Enter the source URL from which you want to add and press Enter key.
    The source site shall be added in the News app.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 31, 2020
  4. YanAndrew Win User

Customise News Source

Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

I am trying to customise the various image files (bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif and tiff) on Windows 10 and noticed the following:

1. the bmp, gif, png, jpeg, jpg and svg files are all programmed to use the same icon. Changing the icon for one will result in the other image files using the same new icon; and
    2. the tif and tiff files cannot be changed.

The way I do it is I use File Type Manager to locate the default icons key for each file in the registry and change the icon from there (this is because File Type Manager hangs whenever I try to change an icon using it).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about:

1. customising the different image files to use different icons for each one; and
    2. changing the tif and tiff image file icons?

Much appreciate any guidance / advice.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Customise News Source

1. Customise News Source - Similar Threads - Customise News Source

2. Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????: Using a Surface Pro-7 with Windows 11 and the latest updates and Edge Version 103.0.1264.37 Official build 64-bit. Microsoft doesn't seem capable of blocking the news sources I have requested to block. If I select "Hide Larry Brown Sports" or "Hide <pick any news source>", I...
  3. Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't Microsoft News feed actually honor request to block news sources????: Using a Surface Pro-7 with Windows 11 and the latest updates and Edge Version 103.0.1264.37 Official build 64-bit. Microsoft doesn't seem capable of blocking the news sources I have requested to block. If I select "Hide Larry Brown Sports" or "Hide <pick any news source>", I...
  4. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  5. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  6. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Cortana
  7. bulk removal of "news and interest" sources

in Windows 10 Customization
    bulk removal of "news and interest" sources: Hi,Has anyone found a good way to manage the News and Interests feature other than removing sources one at a time? Having to hide each news source is a real pain. And I don't know how many there are; I assume MS keeps adding new ones all the time.It looks like the setting is...
  8. Remove source from MS News app

Remove source from MS News app: Hi, how do I remove some of the many very low quality "news" publishers that contaminate the feed for the MS News app? I could do this a few weeks ago and now the capability seems to have disappeared....
  9. News App Sources

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News App Sources: In the Microsoft News app, when I "Add Sources" it does not save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-app-sources/1a670af9-cbef-49f6-9903-27dede0cf0a6"
  10. Customisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...