Windows 10: Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

Discus and support Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been playing around with customising an Win 10 Pro ISO for installation. I basically want to get rid of pretty much ALL the Apps besides about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Black, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

I have been playing around with customising an Win 10 Pro ISO for installation. I basically want to get rid of pretty much ALL the Apps besides about three.

For customisation, I have tried out WinReducer, MSMG, and WinToolkit, all of which allowed various levels of customisation with respect to what is included in their software. Removing Components, Features, Appearance, Unattend etc, is pretty much OK in all of them!

After installing each of the above, I tried out the Windows10Debloater.ps1, Classic Shell, O&O ShutUp10, and Ultimate Windows Tweaker, again, all with varying results, although a combination of these does seem to give me the required results, well almost!

Anyway, back to my question.

Using the customisation software, there were problems with the installed system with regards to things not working correctly. Obviously this would be a nightmare to try and resolve them, so I thought that maybe I could install and untouched ISO and then DELETE the Apps using a PowerShell script [and then customise for security etc].

To do this by individual Apps I came up with this . . .
    Code:
    I thought I would write a script that does them ALL at once and just leaves the ones I want. Therefore I came up with this . . .
    Code:
    I should mention that I ran . . .
    Code:
    . . . initially to give me full access rights.

The script runs but doesn't seem to do anything because when I click the Apps they still open. I did restart after the script had completed.

Has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Feb 3, 2020

2. How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

i followed this & got everything off but whats shown in the picture below. could you help with a script that would remove the listed tiles & set a default wallpaper?

Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps. [​IMG]

irrefutable14, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed scripts"

We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts".

Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking that it would block even the W10 built in scripts.

An example of what I am talking about are the 246 .ps1 files in the various diagnostic directories in c:\windows\diagnostics\system\ . our diags never come back with issues even when deliberately disabling components before running.

other areas that Powershell scripts live that I have found with a quick search -

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.powershell.odatautils_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17763.1_none_d60dcab1d9234fab

C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation\1.0.1\Diagnostics\Comprehensive

C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules - various folders in here.

Do we need to sign all powershell scripts that come with the OS?

Does Microsoft have a method of doing this?

Is there a list of script files that come with the OS so we don't just do a sign all approach, then find we have signed malware files.

we could probably configure something in the build task sequence to sign what is there initially. Is there any plan in place for Microsoft to start signing their scripts?

Will this be an ongoing process as updates are applied and files replaced, do we need to have a process in place to sign all PS1 files in the OS?

Paul Klerkx(psk), Feb 3, 2020
  4. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

Any script/app to remove OOB apps?

Hi all,

I use Windows 10 on several desktops where I do not need or want the built-in Metro or UWP apps. Some of them can be uninstalled and others the Uninstall option is greyed out.

Is there a script (maybe PowerShell?) that removes all or specific bloat?

Looking at Task Manager, I still see the following which are questionable whether they should be running in the background:
    -Store
    -Cortana
    -Cortana Background Task Host

Pretty much if I go to the Task Manager App History tab, I have no need for any of the apps listed there.

muzicman82, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

1. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps. - Similar Threads - Customise PowerShell script

2. App removal with PowerShell !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  3. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  4. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powershell script to remove computer from Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell script to remove computer from Domain: Hello,I am trying to remove computers from the domain with a powershell script.I will be using the Local Admin. credentials to remove the devices from the domain so users don't have to type in anythingI have encrypted the password with the following commands:Creating the...
  6. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  7. USB removable storage disable by powershell script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB removable storage disable by powershell script: Hello All, I want to disable the usb removable storage of the network computers domain and non-domain from my computer. But i need powershell script which will disable the usb removable storage of mentioned computer list but through the local group policy not thorough...
  8. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  9. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  10. How to customise All Apps/Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customise All Apps/Programs: Hi, the first item in the start menu is "all apps" but it opens in the left of the screen. I would prefer to make it bigger or even full screen like in Windows 8 so that you can see them all a-z, can I do that? I have tried enabling full screen start menu - but it didnt...