Windows 10: Customise size of Quick Launch icons

Discus and support Customise size of Quick Launch icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MisterCerberus, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly.

Customise size of Quick Launch icons [​IMG]

If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they increase the height of my taskbar, leading there to be empty space underneath my taskbar items; making my taskbar more difficult to use, as my cursor can now go *past* the taskbar items while moving down to click one.

Customise size of Quick Launch icons [​IMG]

Is it possible to customise the size of the Quick Launch icons to make them the same size as the default taskbar items, or alternatively (less preferred), increase the height of the taskbar items to conpensate for the additional space?

:)

MisterCerberus, Aug 6, 2017
  2. RBobby Win User

Win10Pro: Quick Launch toolbar is in the wrong place. Any way to move it to the left end of the toolbar?

Just got a new PC win Win10Pro installed, moving from Win7Pro.

I added the "Quick Launch" toolbar and believe that it's in the wrong place for it to behave correctly with the notification icons. Is there any way to move it?

The notification icons are on the far right and grow to the left. The Quick Launch icons appear to the left of the notification icons and grow to the right if additional items are added.

As a result, as the notification icons are turned on as needed, the Quick Launch toolbar can be forced to hide the right-most icons due to lack of space, and then show ">>" to allow access to the now hidden icons. This makes the "Quick" part of "Quick Launch"
    meaningless.

On Win7, the Quick Launch icons were on the left, in their own reserved space which was not disturbed by other activity on the toolbar.

RBobby, Aug 6, 2017
  3. dpepper73 Win User
    Why do my quick launch icons flash when I click on the Chrome quick launch icon? Win 10

Before I start the Troubleshooting, I just wanted to tell you that the Google quick launch icon is the only quick launch icon that causes the other icons to flash. As far as desktop icons go, the Google Chrome desktop icon is the only one that makes that
    quick launch icons flash. Sometimes both Google Chrome icons will cause some, or all, of my desktop icons to flash.

I'll try the Troubleshooting method as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks.

dpepper73, Aug 6, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Customise size of Quick Launch icons

Hi @MisterCerberus , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

I don't think it's possible to do what you wish. Why not just pin them the regular way?

Edwin, Aug 6, 2017
  5. If I pin Firefox, and Firefox is open, I cannot use the pin to open a second instance of Firefox; as clicking on it will just minimise the first instance of Firefox. A Quick Launch bar does what pinning does except better.

MisterCerberus, Aug 6, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    'Wheel Click' the pinned program will open a second/third/forth..... instance.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Customise size of Quick Launch icons

1. Customise size of Quick Launch icons - Similar Threads - Customise size Quick

2. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to customise paper size: How to customise paper size please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-customise-paper-size/c821f705-4d64-4d7f-9dbd-6d7d6cfb1812
  3. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to customise paper size: How to customise paper size please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-customise-paper-size/c821f705-4d64-4d7f-9dbd-6d7d6cfb1812
  4. how to customise paper size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Quick Launch icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch icons?: How do I Change the icon size on the Quick Launch list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-launch-icons/a1bd1b0d-244e-41c7-912a-e8a797fbad1d
  6. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  7. Size of Quick Launch icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Quick Launch icons changed: Hello all, I have a very populated Quick Launch area with the icons set to small on my work computer. Today I found that the icons in the QL changed in size; previously I had the task bar two lines high and two lines of icons fit in the area. If I want to fit two lines of...
  8. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  9. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  10. Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep: I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the lid of the laptop to have it go to sleep, when I bring it back from sleep, the icons have grown larger, so they no longer fit...