Windows 10: Customise Start Menu.

Discus and support Customise Start Menu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been mucking around creating a custom Win 10 Pro ISO. I have the Start Menu almost how I want it! [img] How can I . . . [1] How can I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Black, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Customise Start Menu.

I have been mucking around creating a custom Win 10 Pro ISO.
    I have the Start Menu almost how I want it!

Customise Start Menu. [​IMG]

How can I . . .

[1] How can I get rid of Start, Pinned Tiles, and All Apps.
    [2] Reduce the white area so when I click the Start Menu Windows Icon it only shows . . .

Customise Start Menu. [​IMG]

I did set it to one column when customising the ISO but this was obviously not enough for it to do what I wanted!

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul Black, Mar 2, 2020
  2. alijcam Win User

Start Menu Customisation

I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps.
    Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start menu on 9926 (thanks!), but tinkering with the registry entries that controlled the icon sizes in W7 doesn't seem to work in W10TP.
    However, there is clearly some mechanism that configures the 'all programs' list to use small icons
    Anyone have any suggestions to change the main start list to small(er) icons?

I suppose what i'm wanting is the W7 desktop back - and that's probably not far from the truth; for a desktop user, the W7 Aero presentation was smart, nice to look at, and more productive because it had better delineation between content and functional zones that the Playschool (is this to become the new name for it?) UI doesn't seem to have (for me).

Retain the options to allow the users the options to configure the UI presentation the way they are happiest with, and perhaps then do the analytics to see what everyone chooses?

alijcam, Mar 2, 2020
  3. edee Win User
    Start Menu Customisation

Download StartIsBack and you will pretty much have the Windows 7 desktop back .... minus the aero effect. StartIsBack is a reincarnation of the Windows 7 start menu.

I just whish they would bring back being able to customize the login screen instead of having to use those fugly solid colors.

edee, Mar 2, 2020
  4. ASM2701 Win User

Customise Start Menu.

Customise Win10 Start Menu on Domain

Currently we are in the process of deploying Win10 across our main office and 2 satelite offices. We want to customise the start menu with our standard office packages as tiles as well as allow the users to customise the start menu with their own tiles.

I have seen you can modify the start menu, export and push that with group policy. This is simply done by doing the following steps detailed below. However, this method prevents out users adding their own tiles or laying it out as they want it. The network manager doesn't want to totally lock it down. He wants to allow some flexibillity for users to make it their own. Is there any way this can be acheived?

GP METHOD

• Create a custom layout with the tiles

Customise Start Menu. oAVcp.jpg

• Go to powershell and use the command

• Copy this file to the domain controller or shared a shared file on a server.
    • In group policy editor, expand user configuration -> go to administrative templates and click start menu and taskbar.
    • Double Click the start meny layout poilicy.
    • Enable and point to the location the XML is stored on the server.

Customise Start Menu. qbqWY.jpg

ASM2701, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Customise Start Menu.

1. Customise Start Menu. - Similar Threads - Customise Start Menu

2. How to have the same start menu customisation on triple monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have the same start menu customisation on triple monitors?: I'd like to have the same exact live tiles and applications I've customised/personalised on my start menu in my main monitor to reflect on all other 3 monitors. What actions should I execute?...
  3. How to have the same start menu customisation on triple monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have the same start menu customisation on triple monitors?: I'd like to have the same exact live tiles and applications I've customised/personalised on my start menu in my main monitor to reflect on all other 3 monitors. What actions should I execute?...
  4. How to have the same start menu customisation on triple monitors?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My Start menu layout - I LOVE how customisable it is :D

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Start menu layout - I LOVE how customisable it is :D: submitted by /u/Wakellor957 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jiv3lc/my_start_menu_layout_i_love_how_customisable_it/
  6. Windows 10 start menu per user short cuts customisation

Windows 10 start menu per user short cuts customisation: Hi All Last I used was Windows XP pro. where I could customize the start menu for each user. Is that possible in Windows 10 home? For example I would like to remove things like the Windows Admin Tools folder from my son's start menu profile but still have it on my...
  7. Windows 10 (1803) Start Menu customisation Fails! Please Help!

Windows 10 (1803) Start Menu customisation Fails! Please Help!: Hello, I have windows 10 1803 (pro, enterprise and education) installed on different laptops on windows server 2012 R2 domain network. I am trying to customise Start Menu using GPO. Problems encountered as follows: Start layout doesn't work when XML file is on the...
  8. Start Menu Customisation

Start Menu Customisation: I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps. Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start...
  9. Customising the right-click context menu

Customising the right-click context menu: Hi, I hope someone here can help me out. I want to customise the context menu, the one that pops up when you right-click the mouse. I just want to re-arrange some of the menu options that are available and possibly delete (if possible) some others that I don't need or even...
  10. Left-hand side start menu true customisation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-hand side start menu true customisation?: Hey guys, back in the good old days of W7, you could pin an application to the start menu and it would appear on the left hand side and it would also offer a list of recently opened things within that application as a right arrow for ease of selection. For example,...