Windows 10: Customise task bar after upgrade

Discus and support Customise task bar after upgrade in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently MS asked to update. Now have a search box in my taskbar that I prefer to not be there ( a little thing I know but still annoying). Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MindyMoo21, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Customise task bar after upgrade

Recently MS asked to update. Now have a search box in my taskbar that I prefer to not be there ( a little thing I know but still annoying).

Have tried to remove in usual way but hasn't worked.

Thanks

:)

MindyMoo21, Aug 22, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 22, 2019
  3. grahamm7 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade icon not appearing in Task Bar

The Windows 10 upgrade is not appearing in my Task Bar. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with SP1 and all the latest critical patches. I did have this icon but it has disappeared. If I go into customise to select which icons to appear in the Task Bar;
    the Get Windows 10 GWX is listed. I have selected show icon and notifications, but the icon doesn't appear on the Task Bar? I want to use this to check that my PC can update to Windows 10. I gather as you ask to run the upgrade, you can select and option
    to check whether your PC is ok to update re drivers etc. Can anyone help me to get the icon showing in the Task Bar again?

grahamm7, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

Customise task bar after upgrade

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Customise task bar after upgrade

1. Customise task bar after upgrade - Similar Threads - Customise task bar

2. Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar": Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar", I've tried everything but nothing works. I'm trying to play DCS but the taskbar keeps imposing itself. I am in fullscree, no other app is online, taskbar is on "automatically hide" but nothing seems to work.Also, I...
  3. Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar": Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar", I've tried everything but nothing works. I'm trying to play DCS but the taskbar keeps imposing itself. I am in fullscree, no other app is online, taskbar is on "automatically hide" but nothing seems to work.Also, I...
  4. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  5. Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar: Can a link be placed in the task bar that will take me directly to the printer queue in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/3a85332c-9b64-44e6-b1a2-01a9cf056a1b
  6. Task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar: My task bar is blank. There are no icons. Also, I cannot access the Start Menu. Pressing the Windows Logo key does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar/68a70005-5422-42d7-a6d2-296378708c58
  7. Task Bar issues after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Bar issues after update: Hi After the May 2020 update 2004, right-click is not working on icons on the taskbar, also left-click is not working on volume/network/battery and action center icons. I have tried disabling all context menu extensions and was hoping that a recent update might fix the...
  8. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  9. Customisation

Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  10. Ribbon/Command bar customisation

Ribbon/Command bar customisation: Hi there I was trying to search for a program that's able to customise the Ribbon or the command bar since I feel the Ribbon is too bulky, it takes up too much space. But after enabling the command bar with oldnewexplorer, you have to click 'Organise' to do simple tasks,...