Windows 10: Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10.

Discus and support Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get a notification for when my laptop reaches its low battery level and the actions I can set for low battery level in the control panel are-Do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by James471, Sep 13, 2020.

1. James471 Win User

Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10.

I get a notification for when my laptop reaches its low battery level and the actions I can set for low battery level in the control panel are-Do Nothing, Sleep, Shutdown, Hibernate. Is it possible to set a custom action, like running a script, so that every time my laptop hits the low battery level, I get a notification and a particular script is executed?

:)

James471, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Window 10 - No warning for low battery.

Hi William,

Your concern about the low battery notification on your device can be facilitated by the Power Options section of Windows. To check if Low battery notification is activated, we'd recommend performing the following:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type Power Options.
    • Click on Edit power plan.
    • Locate and click Change advanced power settings.
    • Locate and collapse the Battery category.
    • Locate and collapse Low battery notification.
    • On battery must be tagged as On.
    • If it's already on, locate and increase Low battery level to at least 10%.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Sep 13, 2020
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

low performance when battery is disconnected

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Who is the manufacturer of the computer?
    • When the battery was taken out, was the power plan setting changed?
    • What is the current BIOS version running on your computer? If the BIOS is outdated, please get in touch with the computer manufacturer and get the BIOS updated.

Disclaimer:Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting
    properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Since the battery is swollen, I suggest you to get the battery replaced.

There should not be any low performance issue, if the battery is removed from the laptop. I suggest you to the inbuilt troubleshooter for Power and have a check with the issue.

• Press Windows logo key + I to open
      Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Power and run the troubleshooter.

Please check with the Power plan settings from control panel and restore the plan to default settings. If you still face the same issue, I suggest you to create a new power plan, then check with issue.

Follow the steps mentioned below to create a new power plan.

1. Press Windows logo key + R and type
      control panel, click on OK.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Create a Power plan.
    4. Select an option from Balanced,
      Power saver and High performance, name the plan and click
      Next to continue.
    5. Change the sleep and display setting if needed, and hit
      Create to finish the task and have a check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10. - Similar Threads - Customise acion performed

2. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  3. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  4. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 low gaming performance

windows 10 low gaming performance: ok i am playing battlefield 4 now while in game i view task manager there is a service state repository it takes cpu and my gaming hangs and fps drops what should i do 140387
  6. low performance when battery is disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low performance when battery is disconnected: Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow up. So, is windows reducing performance because its not detecting any battery? Or do my laptop needs the battery to perform...
  7. acion center

in Windows 10 Customization
    acion center: What is an action center? how do I open an action center to turn on Bluetooth? My computer is paired with a speaker but the sound still comes out of the computer not the speaker. Instructions in settings say it is faster to start Bluetooth by opening an action center but I...
  8. low performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low performance: I have been using asus VivoBook R542uQ which has i7 8th gen processor with 8 gb ram and a nvidia 940mx but still my laptop is too slow.What problem might be causing such performance issue.please help!!...
  9. Windows 10 CU Low Performance

Windows 10 CU Low Performance: Hi guys, i really need help in here, so that's the thing: i updated to windows 10 creators update manually and i saw that the computer was underperforming then i booted the computer and re-installed the windows 10 from the ground without any saves or anything, it came with...
  10. Slow performance with low battery

Slow performance with low battery: Hi I'm just looking for some advice on an Asus UX305F laptop I bought last week. It's working fine apart from a couple of things: - When the battery is getting low, say from 10% and down, the performance drops dramatically and everything, particularly the internet,...