Windows 10: Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD

Discus and support Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am doing new images for our company, and using WinPe to automate things. Usually and most of the PC that we deploy have only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ssivic, Sep 25, 2020.

1. ssivic Win User

Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD

Hello everyone,

I am doing new images for our company, and using WinPe to automate things.

Usually and most of the PC that we deploy have only one disk, and than the default microsoft script does good job for me:

Code:
    But the issue is when PC has one HDD and one SSD, and than usually SSD is disk1 not disk0. So I was wondering if anyone can help me to modify this script to automatically search for SSD and to partition SSD instead of HDD.

Thanks in advance

Windwos Pro 2004

:)

ssivic, Sep 25, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 25, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Sep 25, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD :)

RyoTakagi, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Customised diskpart - search and partition SSD - Similar Threads - Customised diskpart search

2. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition: My Intel NUC 5i5RYH comes with 128GB M.2 SATA.I partitioned into two.Now I wish to combine back into a single partition.Unfortunately, the 2nd partition does not follows the 1st partition. There is another partition in between.The partition in between is called Recovery...
  3. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Partition: My Intel NUC 5i5RYH comes with 128GB M.2 SATA.I partitioned into two.Now I wish to combine back into a single partition.Unfortunately, the 2nd partition does not follows the 1st partition. There is another partition in between.The partition in between is called Recovery...
  4. SSD Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380
  6. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.: The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there before.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. SSD partitioning

SSD partitioning: I just installed a Samsung 860 evo 500gb SSD on my OLD laptop My question is :::: Q. Can I make a separate partition on my SSD to store only files , photos, videos etc.. Q. Do I need paging file (I have 12 gb of ram and only 40% of it is usually used ). Q. How huge...
  8. create user / customised recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    create user / customised recovery partition: Hi folks It's Monday morning so my brain isn't working as good as it should be !! but I was wondering if it's possible to create your own recovery partition which would have something like a macrium restore image on it and be bootable. To make it really simple when booting...
  9. How to sign an existing partition to EFI partition with diskpart

How to sign an existing partition to EFI partition with diskpart: I was trying to install linux on my UEFI mode windows 10 laptop couple days ago, unfortunately there's something went wrong during the installation process, the grub directly wrote data in my win10 system boot partition. Luckily I saved my data and all the partition still in...
  10. DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk: How to: DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk [img] Information Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: My system at present is...