Windows 10: Customised folder icon keeps changing back

Discus and support Customised folder icon keeps changing back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I like to give the My Documents folder a customised icon so that it will stand out but Microsoft clearly doesn't like you doing this, because after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by simonc8, Mar 19, 2020.

1. simonc8 Win User

Customised folder icon keeps changing back

I like to give the My Documents folder a customised icon so that it will stand out but Microsoft clearly doesn't like you doing this, because after installing updates the icon frequently reverts to the default.

Is there a way of customising the icon and making it stick?

Using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, version 1909. OS build 18363.720

:)

simonc8, Mar 19, 2020

2. Customising Folder Icons

I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders.

How to do it?

Murali Mani M, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Customised folder icon keeps changing back

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Customised folder icon keeps changing back

1. Customised folder icon keeps changing back - Similar Threads - Customised folder icon

2. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  3. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  4. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  5. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  6. Change back from backup icon to normal folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change back from backup icon to normal folder?: [ATTACH] I accidently turned my folder "TOM" into this icon, and now I cannot access to the folder. How can can I change it back to the folder icon and access to it normally? Please help....
  7. Applying folder customisations to every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applying folder customisations to every folder: Is it possible to apply a folder customisation (columns like name, date modified, etc. and their width) to every folder on my computer? Ideally it would also be applied to new folders I create. submitted by /u/HalfOfAKebab [link] [comments]...
  8. Customise Folder Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customise Folder Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  9. Customise Folder is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise Folder is Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  10. Customising Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customising Folder Icons: I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders. How to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customising-folder-icons/e092c859-c167-468f-9254-68183b0a65d8"