Windows 10: Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

Discus and support Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Peet1, May 9, 2022.

1. Peet1 Win User

Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It seems General Items is the default view. Perhaps the default view could be changed to, say music for example? Is there a way to fix my problem or, alternatively, change the default view template?

:)

Peet1, May 9, 2022
  2. Muzza32 Win User

Windows folder view customisation is lost on reopening Windows.

I have customised some folders in "Pictures" to display one of the photos from within, but it keeps reverting to the default folder view when i reopen Windows. How do I make Windows retain the customising.

Muzza32, May 9, 2022
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, May 9, 2022
  4. TomStrong Win User

Folder view always reverts to 'details'

I want to set all my folder views to List and have set it to be so from folder options several times but it keeps reverting to Details.

Is this a bug? Anyone else experiencing this?

And either way is there a master setting somewhere (like default programs) where I can change this?

TomStrong, May 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default - Similar Threads - Customised Folder View

2. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  3. Folder icon reverting back to default!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon reverting back to default!?: Hello, I have been trying to change my folder icons on my desktop to clear up some space. This is happening for the 3 folders so i will keep it to talking just about the Games folder. files are being acquired from Microsoft store app 'icon8' maybe that's the company...
  4. Win10 Explorer Folder Views Revert Back to Default Settings & Wont Save Changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Explorer Folder Views Revert Back to Default Settings & Wont Save Changes: Every time I change the Win10 file explorer Folder View by changing the Folder & Search View Options, modify columns headers by R-clicking anywhere in the column header to be changed. Under View, unchecked & removed all 'details display items' aka column headers & above my...
  5. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  6. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  7. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  8. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  9. Default Folder Views

Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521