Windows 10: Customising File Explorer?

Discus and support Customising File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amancandance, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Customising File Explorer?

How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date - etc. When I set them and close explorer they revert back to their original order, how do I stop that? And how do i set it to always open to details and not thumbnail? Thanks.

:)

amancandance, Feb 28, 2021
  2. YanAndrew Win User

Customising the Different Image Files on Windows 10

Hello Guys,

I am trying to customise the various image files (bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, png, svg, tif and tiff) on Windows 10 and noticed the following:

1. the bmp, gif, png, jpeg, jpg and svg files are all programmed to use the same icon. Changing the icon for one will result in the other image files using the same new icon; and
    2. the tif and tiff files cannot be changed.

The way I do it is I use File Type Manager to locate the default icons key for each file in the registry and change the icon from there (this is because File Type Manager hangs whenever I try to change an icon using it).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about:

1. customising the different image files to use different icons for each one; and
    2. changing the tif and tiff image file icons?

Much appreciate any guidance / advice.

Thank you,
    Andrew

YanAndrew, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Customising File Explorer?

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Customising File Explorer?

1. Customising File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Customising File Explorer

2. Customise Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Customise Edge: Since the latest update to Edge it no longer opens with my selected home pages. I have checked settings and they are still listed to show on opening, but all I get is a new blank tab on opening. Any advice appreciated for this annoying fault. Update 91.0.864.37 180138
  3. Customising File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Customising File Explorer?: How can I get file explorer columns to always open in the configuration I want? So, I want columns to be in a specific order. Size - length - date - etc. When I set them and close explorer they revert back to their original order, how do I stop that? And how do i set it to...
  4. Windows Explorer customise folder-types and values?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer customise folder-types and values?: Windows Explorer lets you set what type of files to adjust the shown details of files in a folder to. So, if you set a folder to "Music", details such as Song Title, Artist and Album will be shown. You can also set it to pictures, documents, videos and other file types. Is...
  5. Customise Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Customise Edge: In Chromium Edge, when I enter something in the search box, then press enter, it opens in the current tab. Is there a way to make it open in a new tab? Thank you 166066
  6. Customisable logo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Customisable logo: I have windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. The boot screen is a Dell logo instead of a windows logo. Is there any way I can switch the logo or customize it? submitted by /u/AssasinatorX4 [link] [comments]...
  7. Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10: Hi, This is with respect to the above "locked" thread, at Customise indentation/gridlines of folder tree in File Explorer? Win10 in which MS gave no satisfactory response. There is a small workaround which makes the navigation pane folder tree have a larger "apparent"...
  8. To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    To Customise File Explorer in Libraries View...?: Hello Community Members PLEASE see the picture enclosed for your convenience and reference about want I am trying to do I want to have when FE File Explorer is OPEN to have a SET-LOOK for EASY-ACCESS So I am ORGANISED in my business and working environment saving me...
  9. Customisation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  10. Customising default columns in File Explorer (Win 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customising default columns in File Explorer (Win 10): I am doing a lot of work with umpteen folders and I would find it easier if I could customise the columns in File Explorer instead of having to reset them with each change of folder. So far all the methods I have read just don't work. Before I finally accept that this is no...