Windows 10: Customising Folder Icons

Discus and support Customising Folder Icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders. How to do it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Murali Mani M, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Customising Folder Icons

I would like to add more icons to the existing list of icons for customising folders.

How to do it?

:)

Murali Mani M, Mar 7, 2019

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Customising Folder Icons :D

PVTCaboose1337, Mar 7, 2019
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Mar 7, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Customising Folder Icons

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Customising Folder Icons

1. Customising Folder Icons - Similar Threads - Customising Folder Icons

2. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?: Hi,I have 'project' folders that I want to appear in a certain way. None of the available folder types will do the job without mucking things up for the 'normal' folders. So...1 Is it possible to create custom folder types, by the backdoor if necessary?2 Didn't we used to be...
  3. Picture folder customisation disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture folder customisation disappears: AGAIN all the selected pictures showing the best photo within my wildlife Photo folders have disappeared, leaving default blue icons. This has happened at least 3 times before. Its a real pain because I use the folder icons as a quick guide when trying to identify species I...
  4. Applying folder customisations to every folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applying folder customisations to every folder: Is it possible to apply a folder customisation (columns like name, date modified, etc. and their width) to every folder on my computer? Ideally it would also be applied to new folders I create. submitted by /u/HalfOfAKebab [link] [comments]...
  5. Customised folder icon keeps changing back

in Windows 10 Support
    Customised folder icon keeps changing back: I like to give the My Documents folder a customised icon so that it will stand out but Microsoft clearly doesn't like you doing this, because after installing updates the icon frequently reverts to the default. Is there a way of customising the icon and making it stick?...
  6. Taskbar active icon underline customise

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar active icon underline customise: Hello friends I have a problem with telling apart icons on my taskbar between active and just pinned because my screen is damaged and has a permanent blue line along the bottom of the screen. I know there is a way to customise the line and i would like to make it more...
  7. Customise Folder Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customise Folder Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  8. Customise Folder is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise Folder is Not Working: Hello, i recently noticed that my customise folder options are not working anymore and i have to manually change the columns of each folder instead of applying the settings to the folders i want via the customise tab. For example instead of size, date modified etc i want to...
  9. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Customise icons in the Control Panel: Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10...
  10. Customise size of Quick Launch icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customise size of Quick Launch icons: I have a Quick Launch bar on the left-hand side of my taskbar. If I select 'Small icons', the icons are incredibly small, and it is difficult to hit a specific one quickly. [img] If I select 'Large icons' then they are incredibly large, to the point that they...