Windows 10: (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

Discus and support (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think the icons on the taskbar are very bland. While I know how to change app icons, I couldn't change the battery, volume and wifi icons. I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndyYeet, Sep 21, 2019.

1. AndyYeet Win User

(Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

I think the icons on the taskbar are very bland. While I know how to change app icons, I couldn't change the battery, volume and wifi icons. I think that I have to replace the windows icons with the icons I need but I can't find the correct file or maybe I need to install a app. Could somebody please lend me a hand?

Thanks in advance.

:)

AndyYeet, Sep 21, 2019

2. Volume button is invisible on taskbar.

Hi,

You can customize which icons to appear on the taskbar. Based on the information you have provided it possible that the volume was not set to appear on the taskbar. To customize the taskbar notification area, you can refer to the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Settings, and then hit Enter.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Click Volume button to toggle it on or off.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 21, 2019
  4. (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

Bluetooth and volume icon - Windows 10

Hi Shelley,

I apologize for the delayed response. It must be unfortunate that you are still facing the same issue. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• From the Windows 10 desktop, right-click on the taskbar, then select Properties to open the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties box.

• In the Taskbar tab, left-click the Customize... button on the right of 'Notification area:' to open the Settings/SYSTEM/Notifications & actions window.

• In that window, under Quick actions, left-click on 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar' to open the Settings/SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR window.

• In that window, a list of icons are displayed with their names and on/off switches. Find the Volume icon and select the switch to On. Close the window.

• You may have to restart Windows for this change to take effect.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the volume icon will be back in the taskbar.

And as a work around, I suggest you to download and install the latest Bluetooth drivers from your computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

(Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons.

1. (Customization) How to edit or change the taskbar WiFi and Volume icons. - Similar Threads - Customization edit change

2. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  3. how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar: subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icons-and-customize-the-icons-in/6f2f0f3b-9b73-49df-9126-4ee98e445cdd
  4. how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change the icons and customize the icons in win11 taskbar: subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-icons-and-customize-the-icons-in/6f2f0f3b-9b73-49df-9126-4ee98e445cdd
  5. Custom Icons in taskbar keeps changing back to default icons on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Icons in taskbar keeps changing back to default icons on startup: Custom Icons in taskbar keeps changing back to default icons on startup. Why wont the custom icon stay? For instance one that I have a custom icon for is Microsoft Edge. The program still has the custom icon but the taskbar icon keeps reverting back to the original icon....
  6. Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar

Custom icons not showing on the Taskbar: I got some custom icons for the standard windows apps, as well as many of my own apps, when I switch the icons out, they show perfectly fine on the desktop but the standard windows apps, as well as iTunes all show the standard icon in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix...
  7. Wifi, bluetooth, and volume taskbar icon not working

Wifi, bluetooth, and volume taskbar icon not working: Hi I have a issue with my Windows 10 Single Language version1909, the wifi, bluetooth, and volume taskbar icon not working, when I click the icon and not showing up. I have search for the issue how to solve, I try go to task manager and reset the Windows Explorer, but didn't...
  8. volume icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume icon on taskbar: how can I get the volume icon on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/789fe288-c5d8-49ac-a0d9-31a2b1797ee4
  9. Volume Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Icon on Taskbar: When I click on the volume icon on my taskbar; it is unresponsive. How do I rectify this issue? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/a1c4d685-07ad-4c82-ab97-5f055c74be66
  10. HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume

HELP! - Custom Icon for a Mounted Volume: All I want to do is assign a custom icon to a Mounted Volume folder/drive. Here is what I've tried so far... 1) I have a secondary SSD with 3 volumes (Documents, Pictures, Music). I used "Mount into an empty NTFS folder" to mounted each one into each of the following,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the wifi icon on taskbar

2. how to change the way the wifi icon on the taskbar

3. how to change wifi icon on taskbar