Windows 10: customization!

Discus and support customization! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hy, I want support with something different! I want to customize my pc and put start button on my desktop as my device is a surface it would work along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M.S. Kevin, Dec 1, 2023.

1. customization!

Hy, I want support with something different! I want to customize my pc and put start button on my desktop as my device is a surface it would work along with my other customization. If anyone have an idea how am going to do this, please help.

:)

M.S. Kevin, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

customization! 295391d1598876794t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-setuserfta.config-notepad.jpg

customization! 95392d1598876815t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-oemdefaultassociations.xml-notepad.jpg

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

customization! 295393d1598876890t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-open-.jpg

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

customization! 295394d1598876979t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-openwithadd_jarte.jpg

Result:

customization! 295395d1598877008t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-openwithadd_jarte-2.jpg

Callender, Dec 1, 2023
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Dec 1, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

customization!

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

customization! 295027d1598635022t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-3.png

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

customization! 295025d1598635022t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-1.png

customization! 295026d1598635022t-can-i-customize-list-suggest-apps-open-menu-2.png

dalchina, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

customization!

1. customization! - Similar Threads - customization

2. How to contact customer support for a windows key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to contact customer support for a windows key?: I recently bought a laptop an amazon and was told to contact Microsoft for a windows 11 pro key. How or where do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-contact-customer-support-for-a-windows-key/5228308c-6707-4835-b905-5d777f0d4995
  3. How to contact customer support for a windows key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to contact customer support for a windows key?: I recently bought a laptop an amazon and was told to contact Microsoft for a windows 11 pro key. How or where do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-contact-customer-support-for-a-windows-key/5228308c-6707-4835-b905-5d777f0d4995
  4. customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    customer service: My laptop is looked i forgt password it try many way but it is not opening even i try reseting my microsoft id password also but it is also not working my laptop is showing wrong password only...
  5. customer service

customer service: My laptop is looked i forgt password it try many way but it is not opening even i try reseting my microsoft id password also but it is also not working my laptop is showing wrong password only...
  6. Microsoft 365 personal account locked - customer service states they can't unlock it due to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 personal account locked - customer service states they can't unlock it due to...: Hi,My account had a lot of unsucessful log in attempts over the last month, due to someone trying to gain access to my account. I have had 2fa on my account for a long time anyways. A few days ago, all my Onedrive files were temporarily unavailable. I logged into my account -...
  7. Microsoft 365 personal account locked - customer service states they can't unlock it due to...

Microsoft 365 personal account locked - customer service states they can't unlock it due to...: Hi,My account had a lot of unsucessful log in attempts over the last month, due to someone trying to gain access to my account. I have had 2fa on my account for a long time anyways. A few days ago, all my Onedrive files were temporarily unavailable. I logged into my account -...
  8. Can't access customer support - says 'Access denied'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access customer support - says 'Access denied': I can't access customer support - tried both Microsoft Edge and Firefox, I keep getting this error message:ACCESS DENIEDYou don't have permission to access "http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?" on this server.Reference...
  9. Can't access customer support - says 'Access denied'

Can't access customer support - says 'Access denied': I can't access customer support - tried both Microsoft Edge and Firefox, I keep getting this error message:ACCESS DENIEDYou don't have permission to access "http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?" on this server.Reference...
  10. Can't access customer support - says 'Access denied'