Windows 10: customize a folder

Discus and support customize a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover. Thanks for the help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by luiscampos4, May 10, 2019.

1. customize a folder

How can I customize a folder by placing a photograph on the outside cover.
    Thanks for the help.

:)

luiscampos4, May 10, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, May 10, 2019
  3. Folder Customization

Hello Todd,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with folder customization on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps given below and check if that helps.

• To do this, right click on the folder for which you want to change the icon background image and select Properties. Or simply select it and press Alt+Enter on
      your keyboard. This opens the Properties window of the folder.
    • Here, go to the Customize tab, in which you will find the Folder pictures section. Click
      on the Choose File button, Browse and select the picture you want to use as background. Then, press OK twice.
    • Once you selected the picture, click on OK again, and you are done.
    Also, there could be some third party software’s available which might fix this issue
    but Microsoft does not recommend that.

Note:
    Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 10, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

customize a folder

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 10, 2019
Thema:

customize a folder

1. customize a folder - Similar Threads - customize folder

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  3. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": So I don't know if I should put this here, or in another question. I also don't want to be accused of asking the same question that has already been answered and just making trouble. That is not my intent. I already know that there is no ability to add additional "folder...
  4. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  6. Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11

Can't customize folder icons in Windows 11: I am trying to change the icon of a folder on my computer and it doesn't work.I go to properties/customize/change icon and I choose an .ico file I have in a folder. When I click on "apply" the icon changes, but then it reverts back to the default.I also tried with an icon in...
  7. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder: HI I am creating a custom image Windows installation bootable USB which works well. My issue is that after installation a folder with all the .svm files called $Windows.~LS is created and this consumes alot of space almost 27Gb's. I am a bit hard pressed for space.Is there...
  8. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder: HI I am creating a custom image Windows installation bootable USB which works well. My issue is that after installation a folder with all the .svm files called $Windows.~LS is created and this consumes alot of space almost 27Gb's. I am a bit hard pressed for space.Is there...
  9. Using the DISM tool to create a custom install disk without the $Windows.~LS folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize folders in File Explorer in Windows 11: I want to customize what folders I see when I open File Explorer in Windows 11. It looks like Desktop is now the main folder that everything shows up under. There are several folders in here that I don't want but I can't figure out how to remove them. See screen shot of my...