Windows 10: Customize Edge for vision impaired?

Discus and support Customize Edge for vision impaired? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm testing Windows 10 for my parents, both of whom are vision impaired - still have them on XP with IE 8 and running into many issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tosca, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Tosca Win User

Customize Edge for vision impaired?

Hi,

I'm testing Windows 10 for my parents, both of whom are vision impaired - still have them on XP with IE 8 and running into many issues with different sites but it's hard for them to adapt to something new at this stage and the white backgrounds, that are default for most things, including Edge, can't be used by either of them.

Edge seems VERY limited in how it can be customized - there doesn't seem to be a way to change even the colors, is that correct? For instance in all versions of IE you can change the background, text, viewed and unviewed links, and hover colors - can this be done in Edge?

And, if not, how can I hide/remove Edge and use the version of IE that comes with Windows 10?

Thank you for any suggestions you might have!
    Rob

:)

Tosca, Jul 31, 2015
  2. incay13 Win User

Elop confirms August launch for s^3 Anna Update

Apple has got a vision, letting the customers know about their software updates coming, and gives brief information about new features. What about Nokia?

Does Nokia really have a new, fresh,innovative,better vision to offer its customers???

I dont think so!

incay13, Jul 31, 2015
  3. TLanni Win User
    cannot type in windows10 apps but can type in windows explorer

the directions were no good for this windows10 vision. keyboard still works on windows explorer but not on edge or any of the windows 10 apps

TLanni, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

No way I've found so far.

The best you can do is unpin it everywhere you find it then make IE 11 the default browser in Default Programs in Control Panel.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    There is a dark theme for Edge. Click the menu button (ellipsis), click Settings, and select "Dark" under "Choose a theme".

Thema:

1. Customize Edge for vision impaired? - Similar Threads - Customize Edge vision

2. Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...: Anybody knows if there is a tool which would allow a vision impaired person small visual field to follow a training on screen, either directly on teams or while viewing a video. A tool which would highlight, in yellow, where the action is happening. The idea it to be able to...
  3. Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft accessibility vision impaired : yellow highlight to follow mouse or typing during...: Anybody knows if there is a tool which would allow a vision impaired person small visual field to follow a training on screen, either directly on teams or while viewing a video. A tool which would highlight, in yellow, where the action is happening. The idea it to be able to...
  4. Moving notifications visual impairment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving notifications visual impairment: Hello,I have a colleague who is visually impaired - he has no peripheral vision in his right eye. Given this, he is unable to see the notification pop-ups that appear in the lower right corner when he is looking at his computer.I have seen other questions in this forum that...
  5. Moving notifications visual impairment

Moving notifications visual impairment: Hello,I have a colleague who is visually impaired - he has no peripheral vision in his right eye. Given this, he is unable to see the notification pop-ups that appear in the lower right corner when he is looking at his computer.I have seen other questions in this forum that...
  6. Edge feeds customization

Edge feeds customization: I am an Australian living in Canada. I want news from both countries and I want sports from both countries but I seem to be able to get either/or and US. I don't want US anything. Is there anyway I can select feeds from a list from anywhere in the world?...
  7. Vision impairment issue with Windows 10 and Office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vision impairment issue with Windows 10 and Office 365: Hello, I am in need of some help with the color restrictions of Microsoft. I have a vision impairment. I have monocular vision which causes me to have be color blind & challenges with depth perceptions. Due to this, my visual spectrum is very unique. The preset color...
  8. Hearing impaired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hearing impaired: I am hearing impaired with different levels of hearing at different frequencies. I would think there must be some software/hardware which will rebalancing the audio output. I am not having any luck with internet searches. Maybe it is my terminology. How can I boost the...
  9. Edge Favorites Bar Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites Bar Customization: Is it possible to set the favorites on the favorites bar to just icons like you have the option in IE11? I'm right clicking all over this program, but I don't see hardly anything that can be customized. 28020
  10. Edge Appearance/Customization

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Appearance/Customization: Why, for the love of all that is holy in programming, can I NOT change the dull grey appearance of Edge? I can customize (to a VERY small degree) my explorer windows. I get a choice of some colors. Edge ignores those border choices and stays with its dull grey. C'mon......