Windows 10: Customize file naming rules.

Discus and support Customize file naming rules. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks, I download a lot of scientific publications and I try to name them the same as the title. These publications have a rather big tendency... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crackhammer, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Customize file naming rules.

Hello folks,

I download a lot of scientific publications and I try to name them the same as the title. These publications have a rather big tendency of using a colon Customize file naming rules. :)) in the titles and everytime it is in the file, I get an error that the colon is not a valid character for naming.

I wonder if there is any rule that I can modify or set where if it notices semicolon in the name of the file, it will change it to dash (-) instead of giving me an error.

Thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Dec 23, 2018
  2. OOOO Win User

Docker on Windows 10. Is it an Inbound Rule or Outbound Rule?

First, you can see your network location by network and sharing center.

Customize file naming rules. 9JPQJ.png

Then you can set rules to open tcp port 445 as following steps.

1. Right click Inbound rules, click New
    2. Click Custom
    3. In the new Window, select All programs, type the specified program path, or Services
    4. Then you can select tcp port 445 in Local port and Remote port, you can use any
    5. Then select Ip Scope as your requirements, you can use both any Ip address and any Ip daress
    6. Select Allow the Connection or Allow the connection if it is secure
    7. Select your profile, you can choose your current profile(As we see at the beginning), or select all
    8. Then type the rule name(This is dependent on yourself)
    9. After setting inbound rule, take the same action to create a outbound rule.

3. Jay Jap Win User
    Adding Printer but Keeping Custom Name

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel
    • Under Hardware and Sound, choose View Devices and Printers.
    • Double click the device that you want change the name.
    • On the new option, double click Customize Your Printer.
    • Rename the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jay Jap, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Customize file naming rules.

How do i set custom rule to windows 10 firewall to alert if any .cs file extension is uploaded?

How do i set custom rule to windows 10 firewall to alert if any .cs file extension is uploaded ?

please suggest multiple options.

Does any free/low cost firewall allows this without writing script ?

sobha mitra, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Customize file naming rules.

1. Customize file naming rules. - Similar Threads - Customize file naming

2. File name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name: I noticed in Program Files {x86} all the files that start with the word Windows are first letter caps except this one - "windows.nt." It doesn't seem right to me. Shouldn't it also be first letter capitalized? I think I remember reading somewhere that it might indicate a...
  3. changing file names

changing file names: When I try to change my file names in win 10, I take this notification. 0x80070057 parameter is incorrect . It seems file names does not change but I think windows keep the file with the original name and then create a new file with the new name. This cause duplications....
  4. File names \

File names \: Hi, There is a file named \ in one of my folders, and I can't delete it using any means. I can't just ignore it since its inside a git project. I would really like to delete this file if possible. Thanks in Advance!...
  5. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  6. Custom File Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom File Icons?: I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing? If so, then ideally...
  7. Customizing User Name and Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing User Name and Picture: I am looking to change this screen to User Name : Elecrical Bannana and a picture of a banana with a electric cord. How can I do this ?? Also how can I change the fonts ? John*cry*Cool 87559
  8. CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CUSTOM file extensions and CUSTOM icon association?: Windows 10 keeps changing icons associated with custom file extensions. It seems arbitrary because some new file types do work, others work for a while then randomly change. How to correctly create CUSTOM file extensions and have a CUSTOM icon associated to the extension?...
  9. Invalid File Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid File Name: Hi all, Sorry for my poor english. I have a SDHC 32GB card and I formated it to exFAT, because I need it for a file that is bigger than 4GB. Everything looks and run good, expect 2 files (my own) that I can´t open and read it, the App says "Invalid FIle Name". I can see...
  10. Files names not displaying

in Windows 10 Support
    Files names not displaying: I am using Windows 10 and Office 2013 When I Open several workbooks at once and select the Excel Icon on the task bar, the workbooks appear as Excel, but displays no names. When I click any of the workbooks showing as Excel only , the name will then display for the...