Windows 10: Customize file naming rules.

Discus and support Customize file naming rules. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks, I download a lot of scientific publications and I try to name them the same as the title. These publications have a rather big tendency... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crackhammer, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Customize file naming rules.

Hello folks,

I download a lot of scientific publications and I try to name them the same as the title. These publications have a rather big tendency of using a colon Customize file naming rules. :)) in the titles and everytime it is in the file, I get an error that the colon is not a valid character for naming.

I wonder if there is any rule that I can modify or set where if it notices semicolon in the name of the file, it will change it to dash (-) instead of giving me an error.

Thanks in advance.

:)

crackhammer, Dec 23, 2018
  2. OOOO Win User

Docker on Windows 10. Is it an Inbound Rule or Outbound Rule?

First, you can see your network location by network and sharing center.

Customize file naming rules. 9JPQJ.png

Then you can set rules to open tcp port 445 as following steps.

1. Right click Inbound rules, click New
    2. Click Custom
    3. In the new Window, select All programs, type the specified program path, or Services
    4. Then you can select tcp port 445 in Local port and Remote port, you can use any
    5. Then select Ip Scope as your requirements, you can use both any Ip address and any Ip daress
    6. Select Allow the Connection or Allow the connection if it is secure
    7. Select your profile, you can choose your current profile(As we see at the beginning), or select all
    8. Then type the rule name(This is dependent on yourself)
    9. After setting inbound rule, take the same action to create a outbound rule.

3. Jay Jap Win User
    Adding Printer but Keeping Custom Name

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel
    • Under Hardware and Sound, choose View Devices and Printers.
    • Double click the device that you want change the name.
    • On the new option, double click Customize Your Printer.
    • Rename the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jay Jap, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Customize file naming rules.

How do i set custom rule to windows 10 firewall to alert if any .cs file extension is uploaded?

How do i set custom rule to windows 10 firewall to alert if any .cs file extension is uploaded ?

please suggest multiple options.

Does any free/low cost firewall allows this without writing script ?

sobha mitra, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Customize file naming rules.

1. Customize file naming rules. - Similar Threads - Customize file naming

2. Firewall ignoring custom rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall ignoring custom rules: Hello, I've created firewall rules to block specific remote ip addresses for in and outbound connections. Some time after updating, windows is now ignoring my firewall rules, and still connects me to these ip addresses. I've created a new rule, tried testing on various ip...
  3. Firewall ignoring custom rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall ignoring custom rules: Hello, I've created firewall rules to block specific remote ip addresses for in and outbound connections. Some time after updating, windows is now ignoring my firewall rules, and still connects me to these ip addresses. I've created a new rule, tried testing on various ip...
  4. What are the file name sorting rules ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the file name sorting rules ?: >> Is there a place in Microsoft that describes the official file name sorting rules?Are the rules the same for w10 and w11 ?Does it make a difference when using One Drive ?I have used _ and __ as the first characters of file names for years to keep files at the top of a...
  5. What are the file name sorting rules ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the file name sorting rules ?: >> Is there a place in Microsoft that describes the official file name sorting rules?Are the rules the same for w10 and w11 ?Does it make a difference when using One Drive ?I have used _ and __ as the first characters of file names for years to keep files at the top of a...
  6. Resetting rules

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Resetting rules: I use Outlook 2016 and have four email addresses. Three are pop accounts and all go to a single pst file, while my main email address is a hosted exchange account. When I initially set this up a year ago, I imported all of my rules to my exchange account, even rules that...
  7. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. In this case customize file names colour coding is only the solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In this case customize file names colour coding is only the solution: In the below article shows that Windows don't have such option (customize file names colour coding) : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_other-mso_365hp/color-code-file-names/18e47aad-2c59-4eaa-a6b8-6686ed815677 What I what to say is that,...
  9. New Ofcom money back rule for broadband and home phone customers in UK

in Windows 10 News
    New Ofcom money back rule for broadband and home phone customers in UK: Broadband and landline customers will get money back from their providers when things go wrong, without having to fight for it, from Monday 1 April.Previously, only around one in seven broadband or home phone customers who suffered delayed repairs, installations or missed...
  10. Customizing User Name and Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing User Name and Picture: I am looking to change this screen to User Name : Elecrical Bannana and a picture of a banana with a electric cord. How can I do this ?? Also how can I change the fonts ? John*cry*Cool 87559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change ip daress randomly