Windows 10: Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings

Discus and support Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have many folders that I want to set a specific custom setting for. I have about 100 folders (well, specifically, saved search files within... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Jun 7, 2017.

1. pepanee Win User

Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings

Hi, I have many folders that I want to set a specific custom setting for.

I have about 100 folders (well, specifically, saved search files within File Explorer, that I want to open showing the results as View > Details, and only the details on top of Name & Date Modified. Also, the Name detail should be set at 440 pixels, and the Date Modified detail set to 160 pixels.

Is there an easy way to do this rather than doing it manually for each one?

Thanks

:)

pepanee, Jun 7, 2017
  2. Aera Rua Win User

View - C Drive Settings & Saving it

Hello,

By default, folders appear in Microsoft Windows as folder icons or as pictures that are contained in the folder. If you change these view settings or customize a folder, Windows remembers your settings when you open the folder again. You can use the folder's
    View menu to change the view settings for the folder. You can use the Customize tab in the folder's Properties dialog box to modify the folder icon, picture, and template. To customize the appearance of a folder, follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer, and then locate the folder that you want to customize.
    • Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
    • On the Customize tab, select the customization options you want to use for the folder.

For more information, see the article on
    How to modify your folder view settings or to customized it

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Aera Rua, Jun 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Default View

You're welcome! The setting works on a per-folder type (or template) basis. For example to apply settings to all folders of type "Music", you need to customize the folder view for a folder (of type music) and apply to all.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 7, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Not sure about this- just a thought in passing, most probably based on partial misunderstanding(!)- could you put them all into the same library folder and apply the same view to all?

One thing not supported in Windows, unfortunately, is being able to create your own folder template. (Unless something's changed more recently...)

dalchina, Jun 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings - Similar Threads - Customize Many Folders'

2. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  3. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  4. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to set custom folder view for 1 folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set custom folder view for 1 folder: Okay so here's a stupid problem to have. I'm on Windows 10 Pro. I have the folder view for all my folders to be "Large icons." But I have one folder where I want "Medium icons" view. And I set it on Medium view, but then every few hours or days it goes back to Large icons....
  6. customize folder view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    customize folder view: There are 5 templates for kinds of folders. Can this be changed or added to? For example, can I add/subtract columns to the Music template and keep that template to be applied to other folders containing music files....
  7. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  8. Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applying custom Folder View settings to subfolders: I've been reading up on applying Folder View settings to either All Folders or all folders of the same type, but neither of those is quite what I'm looking for. Specifically, I'd like to write my own utility that reads the folder view settings for any given folder (I...
  9. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  10. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...