Windows 10: Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

Discus and support Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello - I understand Windows 10 has this new-ish feature called Modern Idle/Sleep which is different from the traditional sleep in previous versions of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Justin13601, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

Hello - I understand Windows 10 has this new-ish feature called Modern Idle/Sleep which is different from the traditional sleep in previous versions of Windows. In this mode, the network remains on when sleep and certain background processes can proceed, which is nice; however, this drains battery and the laptop can get hot in bags.I know one can disable/enable modern sleep via registry tweaks. Does anyone know if it's possible to customize this setting? As in, "modern sleep if idle for 10 minutes, but full on traditional sleep if idle for 30+ mins" for example? I'm curious to see if anyone kn

:)

Justin13601, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Jim8080 Win User

Computer Sleep Option Missing in Settings

The Settings Power and Sleep menu in Settings should list Screen and Sleep, where Sleep is used to tell when the PC goes to sleep. Sleep is missing, so my computer never sleeps. Fast startup and Hibernate are not enabled.

I used Tutorial Add or Remove Sleep in Power menu in Windows 10 to change the registry while in administrative mode, but sleep still is not seen.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FlyoutMenuSettings now lists :1: It was 0 before the change.

Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10? [​IMG]

I cannot get a large image, so will type
    Default REG_SZ (value not set)
    ShowHibernate REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (0)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)
    ShowLockOption REG_DWORD 0X00000000 (1)

I used Option 3 to add sleep using the Group Policy Editor. The steps seemed to work fine, but sleep is still missing.

I’m using a “new” refurbished Dell T3500 workstation with mbr running the current version of win10. I have a number of these computers, and the other all have the normal sleep mode .

Any suggestions? Jim

Jim8080, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Set Sleep settings in Windows 10

Hello Hamed,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to set sleep settings in the current power plan.

I suggest you to change/customize the screen and sleep settings in Current Power Plan from the Settings in Windows 10. To do so, follow the below steps.

1. Left click on the Start Menu and click on the Settings gear icon. Next, click on the
    System icon.

2. Click on Power & sleep on the left side, and set the
    Screen and Sleep settings to what you want for your current power plan.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, feel free to write to us.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

1. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Customize Modern Sleep

2. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  3. Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor is set to sleep, but will not sleep.: I feel like I've tried everything I've seen online for ways to fix this and nothing has worked. Randomly a few days ago it was working as intended, but now it is back to not operating correctly. I have no idea what to do.......
  4. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?: Hello - I understand Windows 10 has this new-ish feature called Modern Idle/Sleep which is different from the traditional sleep in previous versions of Windows. In this mode, the network remains on when sleep and certain background processes can proceed, which is nice;...
  5. Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize Modern Sleep and Traditional Sleep Settings on Windows 10?: Hello - I understand Windows 10 has this new-ish feature called Modern Idle/Sleep which is different from the traditional sleep in previous versions of Windows. In this mode, the network remains on when sleep and certain background processes can proceed, which is nice;...
  6. Modern Sleep and power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Modern Sleep and power: I've been having problems with modern sleep on my corporate laptop.I select sleep, and it just stays powered on. The sleep study shows what's happening.The problem I'm currently having is my help desk is telling me for modern sleep to work correctly when I put the computer to...
  7. Modern Sleep and power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Sleep and power: I've been having problems with modern sleep on my corporate laptop.I select sleep, and it just stays powered on. The sleep study shows what's happening.The problem I'm currently having is my help desk is telling me for modern sleep to work correctly when I put the computer to...
  8. Modern Sleep and power

9. Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report

Windows Modern Standby - Sleep report: Hi,I've disabled on one of the laptops all possible sleep settings that it can be. Laptop still goes into sleep at a random times when lid is closed.Sleep report shows ENTER REASON0x101 Transition To SleepWhat is that code or how to find out reason why laptop enters sleep.If...
  10. Windows 10 2004 modern sleep leaves HDD on

Windows 10 2004 modern sleep leaves HDD on: Hi, my PC has a primary SSD and a secondary HDD. With this holy modern sleep thing, which cannot be deactivated anymore, the secondary HDD stays on even if I manually put the PC to "sleep". It's ridiculous. I really hope someone can help me with this. Also, I activated...