Windows 10: Customize On-Screen Keyboard

Discus and support Customize On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open the on screen keyboard on my Asus VivoTab 8 with my stylus it opens the "writing box" rather than the actual keyboard. Obviously this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rulibar, Dec 31, 2015.

1. rulibar Win User

Customize On-Screen Keyboard

When I open the on screen keyboard on my Asus VivoTab 8 with my stylus it opens the "writing box" rather than the actual keyboard. Obviously this writing box isn't very useful because it's inaccurate and you can't really write more than one word at a time. My question is, how do I make the keyboard pop up by default? It's extremely annoying always having to switch to the keyboard manually.

edit
    And is there any way to make the keyboard semi-transparent so it doesn't block half the screen? To me this seems like an obvious feature that any on screen keyboard should have.

:)

rulibar, Dec 31, 2015

2. Can't start windows 10

After update 31.12.2017 can't start windows 10. Blue screen, customize keyboard, enter, trying start system and again same blue screen, customize keyboard, enter and ........

JuozasPopiera, Dec 31, 2015
  3. Custom keyboard layout not reflected on on-screen keyboard

Hi,

On my device with Windows and touch screen I am using a custom keyboard layout (Dvorak with custom characters).

I have created it with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator tool - Download Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    (it is the only tool I know to adjust keyboard layout in Windows).

Until previous Windows 10 build both physical and on-screen keyboards worked fine.

But when I upgraded Windows 10 to build 1709 my on-screen keyboard displays wrong (default QWERTY) layout. Still keys work as per my custom layout.

Reinstalling the keyboard does not fix it.

Please help. How can I get my custom keyboard layout get properly displayed on on-screen keyboard? Is there any other tool to do it?

Can I report somewhere a bug in Windows 10 build 1709?

Wojciech E., Dec 31, 2015
  4. Pablo2020 Win User

Pablo2020, Dec 31, 2015
  5. rulibar Win User
    Thank you!

edit
    One feature that FVK is lacking are the side to side arrows which the Windows keyboard has. It's minor but those buttons come in handy.

I really like FVK so far though. I was worried a third party program would not stay on top of other Windows but this is not a problem with FVK.

edit2
    Also FVK seems to get confused when the screen sleeps and needs to be restarted each time. Another minor inconvenience.

rulibar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Customize On-Screen Keyboard - Similar Threads - Customize Screen Keyboard

2. Custom keyboard text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard text: For those of you who are familiar with Minecraft, you should know what I am referring to here. Anyways, I would like to try and make my keyboard to where whatever I type, it is in the Standard Galactic Alphabet. I can try and make it a keyboard font if it isn't currently...
  3. Delete a custom keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a custom keyboard?: Hello,This "new" keyboard layout has appeared out of the blue ?! in my pc. It's impossible to remove it from the windows settings as is seen with the photo. I tried the registry edit solution, but after deleting the respective register and restarting, it is still there. What...
  4. Delete a custom keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete a custom keyboard?: Hello,This "new" keyboard layout has appeared out of the blue ?! in my pc. It's impossible to remove it from the windows settings as is seen with the photo. I tried the registry edit solution, but after deleting the respective register and restarting, it is still there. What...
  5. Custom keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom keyboard layout?: Does anyone know of an easy way to make a custom keyboard layout for windows 10? When searching, I've seen that Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 has limited compatibility with Windows 10, but it's no longer available for download as far as I've seen. Any good...
  6. Customize Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Customize Keyboard shortcuts: I want to create keyboard shortcuts using modifiers or combinations thereof to insert characters like # and é without using the Character Map. Is there a way to do this? I have looked through Settings but came up blank....
  7. making a custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    making a custom keyboard: Hello! I'd like to set up an additional keyboard, which will use U+014A/U+014B (from Unicode) and U+00D1/U+00F1 in place of the "v" and "q". . .Any ideas on how to do that? I tried downloading the Keyboard layout creater, but they said I needed to download .NET framework...
  8. making a custom keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    making a custom keyboard: Hello! I'd like to set up an additional keyboard, which will use U+014A/U+014B (from Unicode) and U+00D1/U+00F1 in place of the "v" and "q". . .Any ideas on how to do that? I tried downloading the Keyboard layout creater, but they said I needed to download .NET framework...
  9. custom keyboard problems

custom keyboard problems: Hello. I use a customized dvorak style keyboard layout on my surface pro 3, and I have been having some odd problems with windows 10. specifically, on my custom keyboard I assigned numbers to altgr spots to make it like I have a numpad so I don't have to use the upper row to...
  10. Is there a way to customize keyboards?

Is there a way to customize keyboards?: I would like to customize the keyboard so that one of the function keys makes a degree º symbol. Is there a way to do this? 73376