Windows 10: Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer

Discus and support Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have restricted access to folder options but still, there is Hidden Items Checkbox in the ribbon which is working. How can I restrict it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kha333n, Sep 21, 2019.

1. kha333n Win User

Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer

Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer 9dfd3339-000b-44e3-a932-f4c0c52afac3?upload=true.png

I have restricted access to folder options but still, there is Hidden Items Checkbox in the ribbon which is working.

How can I restrict it or remove it from the ribbon?

:)

kha333n, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Customize File Explorer Ribbon

Hi,

Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by default. You can also manually hide a file or folder by setting it's
    hidden attribute.

It's recommended to not modify or delete hidden files since these are usually app and system files, and is why they do not show in File Explorer by default.

When you set to show hidden files, folders, and drives, they will appear dimmed to indicate that they are hidden items.

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

To Hide or Show Hidden Files in File Explorer Options.

1. Open File Explorer Options>Click
    onOptions>Click on
    Change folder and search options.

To show hidden files, folders, and drives.

A) In the View tab, select (dot) Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and click/tap on
    OK.

To show protected operating system files.

A) In the View tab, select (dot) Show hidden files, folders, and drives, uncheck the
    Hide protected operating system files box, and click/tap on
    OK.

To Hide or Show Hidden Files in File Explorer Ribbon.

1. While you have File Explorer open, click/tap on the View tab, and check (show) or uncheck (hide) the
    Hidden items box in the ribbon for what you want.

Hope this information helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Hello,

We understand that you want to keep the ribbon open in File Explorer.

There are ways on how to achieve this. Here are some of it. Kindly check the methods below:

Hide or show the Ribbon using a Registry tweak

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

If this key does not exist, just create it.
    • Create or modify the 32-bit DWORD value named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized. explorerribbonstartsminimized

Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always minimized, set the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized value data to 3.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always maximized, set it to 4. Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.
      • Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.

Using a Group Policy tweak, you can force Explorer to always start with the Ribbon minimized.

• Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard.
    • The Run box will appear. Type the following in the Run box and then press Enter:
      • gpedit.msc
    • In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
      • User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ File Explorer
    • Now locate the setting called Start File Explorer with Ribbon minimized in the right pane and double click it. The policy configuration window will open.
    • Set the option to the "Enabled" state and pick the option below it which is suitable for you.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Sep 21, 2019
  4. RjpF703 Win User

Customize File Explorer Ribbon

I would like to be able to show/hide system files from the File Explorer Ribbon. It is annoying to have to have to go to the control panel to turn this on and off all the time.

RjpF703, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Customize Ribbon options

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon: i want to have the "move to" function back on my File Explorer ribbon menu. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-to-function-on-file-explorer-ribbon/e6570124-d6c1-4c0f-ac4f-5fe2f936b6ea
  5. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer: Somehow, I've accidently removed the File Explorer ribbon above Clear Access. The small arrow does not now appear next to the FE icon at top right. How to fix without going through Registry?I was trying to find a way to widen the navigation Pane because it is suddenly too...
  6. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer: Somehow, I've accidently removed the File Explorer ribbon above Clear Access. The small arrow does not now appear next to the FE icon at top right. How to fix without going through Registry?I was trying to find a way to widen the navigation Pane because it is suddenly too...
  7. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  8. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  9. File Explorer ribbon is blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  10. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956

Users found this page by searching for:

1. customize ribbon windows 10

2. nu vot

3. how to edit explorer ribbon

4. advance search ribbon is not available in windows explorer,
  5. customize file explorer ribbon,
  6. file explorer in windows 10 edit ribbon,
  7. customize file explorer ribbon windows 10