Windows 10: Customize Search the Web and Windows

Discus and support Customize Search the Web and Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can "Search the web and Windows" be set to search only Windows locally? I've read that this can be done via a policy editor, but I work in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gogreen, Sep 15, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Customize Search the Web and Windows

Can "Search the web and Windows" be set to search only Windows locally? I've read that this can be done via a policy editor, but I work in Windows 10 Home, and that option isn't directly available. Thanks.

:)

gogreen, Sep 15, 2015

2. How do i customize "Search the web and Windows" in Windows 10

I like how when I click on "Search the web and Windows", It shows me the popular news from Bing.

Is there any way to customize the news, display Business news or Finance news instead?

Thanks

MauritiusUX, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Syed N Win User
    How do i customize "Search the web and Windows" in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

You may do so by doing the following:

• Click on Cortana and then the Notebook icon (icon below Home)
    • Select your interests and modify accordingly.

Do reply if you have questions.

Syed N, Sep 15, 2015
  4. dacrone Win User

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-g...ions/#comments
    This works in 10 Home. I've done it.

dacrone, Sep 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Customize Search the Web and Windows - Similar Threads - Customize Search Web

2. Web Search in Windows search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web Search in Windows search not working: Is anyone having an issue with windows search? Normally when i want to web search something, I type it into windows search and web search it, but for some reason that isn't working for me anymore. Its like Web search in Windows search is just gone now....
  3. no search the web?

in Cortana
    no search the web?: cortana sometimes searches the web when you don't want her to, while apple's siri can let you say "search the web for <subject>" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-search-the-web/efb003a7-5a55-4bda-8968-1e8518fb1b05"
  4. Search is searching the web again

in Windows 10 Support
    Search is searching the web again: I have just noticed that Search on my PC is suddenly searching the web. It didn't used to.I had that disabled. I don't use Cortana, so that is disabled. However, it seems that Microsoft in their incredible persistence to get hold of all my data, has enabled web search again....
  5. Web Platform Customizations: what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Web Platform Customizations: what is it?: Hi. I noticed, using Autoruns, that since few days in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components there is "Web Platform Customizations" (C:\Windows\SysWow64\ie4uinit.exe). I've searched for it on Google but I've not found anything interesting. What is it?...
  6. Dead! Search the Web and Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead! Search the Web and Windows: Something seems to have changed, so that I am no longer able to type anything in to the search space. How may Have caused that to happen? And, please, how do I rectify? 46330
  7. Search the web and windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and windows: Since yesterday i had popular news(bing) when i enter search but now that is gone and when i enter search it looks like this: [img] Any idea how to get back news on that search screen? P.S i didn't disable any related settings... 41684
  8. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  9. SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS Is Not Working: I am unable to use the SEARCH THE WEB AND WINDOWS function in Windows 10. When I click on its icon on the task bar, the hour glass circle flashes momentarily and immediately goes off. What needs to be enabled in MS CONFIG for this function to work? I have enabled every item...
  10. Problem with Search the Web and Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Search the Web and Windows: Hi everyone, when i click on the search the web and windows it says we cannot connect to the web search right now but you can still search for stuff, make sure you're currently connected to the internet. This confuses me as i am connected to the internet and where this...