Windows 10: Customize Start Menu App List

Discus and support Customize Start Menu App List in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shanester, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Shanester Win User

Customize Start Menu App List

Greetings,

I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers.

I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in:

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe

I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the app list's Adobe folder, but I when I right-click "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader", there is no "Open file location" option. I've tried manually moving it, but the app isn't in any of these folders:

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

How can I move the app list shortcut?

Thanks,
    Shane.

:)

Shanester, Apr 19, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace.
    So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they?

Please do NOT suggest third part apps.
    I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the third party Start Menu apps screw with this.
    I don't want another program, I just want the stupid clumsy letters gone!

Any creative geniuses out there?
    I'm not the only one who wants this, surely! Customize Start Menu App List :)

Customize Start Menu App List [​IMG]

And it doesn't even work...
    Is the name of the program used to determine where the app goes or the name of the company that makes the program.. or even whether it's free or not!
    (See image F for Free!)
    Useless and pathetic Microsoft!

teachermark, Apr 19, 2019
  4. cmoe Win User

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

hello.

I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility to customize this list or to re-add the function?
    I don't want to use "recently added apps" or something like that ...

Customize Start Menu App List [​IMG]

greets.christian

Thema:

1. Customize Start Menu App List - Similar Threads - Customize Start Menu

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  4. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  5. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  6. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  7. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Hi all If this post is a repeat of an existing topic, I apologize, I couldn't find anything in my searches. I'm trying to customize the Windows 10 start menu and I'm running into an issue with grouped boxes (the icons boxes created by placing one icon on top of another,...
  8. Customizing the Start Menu

Customizing the Start Menu: Is there a way to customize the Start Menu so I can remove the ABC letters & also place shortcuts into folders? What I mean is this: In 7, after I install a program, I can R-click the Orb & select (If I remember correctly) Properties or Open Windows Explorer. Opening Windows...
  9. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926
  10. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...