Windows 10: Customize System Tray Icon Images

Discus and support Customize System Tray Icon Images in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to find out how I can customize the actual images(icons) displayed in the system tray. This is my current system tray --> [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bteamstephen, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Customize System Tray Icon Images

I would like to find out how I can customize the actual images(icons) displayed in the system tray.

This is my current system tray -->

Customize System Tray Icon Images [​IMG]

Icons I want to change include BitDefender, Chrome, and OpenVPN to make them better fit the new Windows 10 icon theme. The white icon in the top right corner is one that I was successfully able to change. The program is Vuze Bittorrent client --> The Vuse wiki actually tells the location of the .png image file --> Change Notification Area Icon - VuzeWiki

For BitDefener, I found the folder where the .png files are located and I was able to overwrite them to white icons that would match my Windows 10 theme.
    C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2015\support\offlinemanual\images\icons

Customize System Tray Icon Images [​IMG]

However, the icon in the system tray stays the same (ugly red B). I am sure there is something else I need to do seeing as BitDefender is a security application in which I am sure makes it hard to tamper with it's files.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can change these icon images? or know of a tool that allows you to change the program's system tray image?

Thanks in advance.
    Stephen

:)

bteamstephen, Sep 21, 2015
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Clock covered over since upgrade

Hi Peter,

You can customize the icons you have on your task bar by customizing your System Tray. Follow the steps below on how to customize your System Tray:

• Right click on the Taskbar, choose Properties, and then click
      Customize button.
    • Click "Select which icons appear on the taskbar".
    From here you can now switch an app to "on" to permanently show it on the right-hand side of the taskbar. You can also move items such as Network and Volume to the system tray popup. You can also select "Turn System Icons On or Off"
    from the original Customize screen to remove icons entirely.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Sep 21, 2015
  3. Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

I have two custom toolbars on the Taskbar. With Windows 8.1, they are located in the right corner area just to left of the System Tray icons "up arrow". When I upgraded to Windows 10, there is about a 2 inch space between the toolbars and the System Tray
    icons "up arrow". How can I move the toolbars right next to the System Tray icons "up arrow" and not waste that space on the Taskbar?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

BarryKoopersmith, Sep 21, 2015
  4. unmog Win User

Customize System Tray Icon Images

Id also like to know how to change my system tray icons. I remember I was able to do this in Win7 but I cant seem to in Win10. I can change the icons of things in the task bar but not the system tray. My reason for doing so is one of the programs I used updated their icon and I keep forgetting what it is, and Id like to be able to change it back to the old icon so I can easily find it like I used to. Help on this would be appreciated *Sad

unmog, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Phluid Win User
    I'm going to go ahead and chime in, here. Also would like to be able to customize these elements. I'm 100% comfortable with tweaking a png or jpg image down to appropriate size and converting to .ico file if that's what's needed, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to input such a thing.

Phluid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Customize System Tray Icon Images

1. Customize System Tray Icon Images - Similar Threads - Customize System Tray

2. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  3. Nonexistent system tray icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nonexistent system tray icons: In the settings of taskbar I can see "Other system tray icons" of apps that are no longer installed. How can I remove them permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nonexistent-system-tray-icons/c6cbc6f2-2f64-451f-a8b7-f953d0c8a1d1
  4. System Tray Icon Will Not Display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Tray Icon Will Not Display.: Win 10 x64On my system tray I have several icons for running programs. I know to to set them up to display.One of the programs is running, as confirmed by various methods but refuses to display on the system tray.The icon is activated but it just does not show. As all the...
  5. System tray icon size

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icon size: In a recent windows update i noticed that the system tray, little arrow on the bottom right of task bar when opened, the icons have stayed the same size but the buttons to click on them are alot larger. This widens the system tray alot. Is there any way how to change this?...
  6. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  7. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  8. Ugly system tray icons

Ugly system tray icons: This is not really a problem, but is there a way to make these icons look better? [img] Especially the Wifi and battery icons. 48490
  9. How to customize Bluetooth tray icon?

How to customize Bluetooth tray icon?: Hi. I wanna know what process, or what file handles the Bluetooth tray icon on the taskbar tray. So I could break open it on Resource Hacker, replace the 16x16 icon with Windows 10 MDL style icon so instead of this Blue solid color, it's inline with the MDL tray icon style of...
  10. System Tray Icon Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Tray Icon Question: Can someone please tell me what the MASH.support icon that I have in my system tray is? Attached is a screenshot of what opens when I click on it. Thanks in advance. [img] 92921