Windows 10: Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar

Discus and support Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; 1909 windows 10 pro n [img] If I have like 20 instances of windows explorer open I get the above (already checked show full pathnames in explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sgtsixpack, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar

1909 windows 10 pro n

Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar [​IMG]

If I have like 20 instances of windows explorer open I get the above (already checked show full pathnames in explorer options). I need this behavior to be consistant no matter if I have 1 or 40 windows open I need the full pathname (or a drive letter next to the final folder but this is not something I've already seen programmed into windows) as I have multiple SSDs and HDD with similar end folder names.

By default windows explorer tabs show the last folder's name and I had started to include hints in the final folder names with new folders but its makes you have to reference the hard drive manufacturer code at the end of each subfolder title along way in the full path. Some folders I can't change because it would break stuff I've carried over from windows 7.

:)

sgtsixpack, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar

Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

Hello @Zac, and welcome to Ten Forums. Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar :)

You should see "Windows Administrative Tools" listed in the All Apps list in your Start menu like below.

Administrative Tools - Open in Windows 10

Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar

1. Customize the behavior of windows explorer tabs in taskbar - Similar Threads - Customize behavior explorer

2. Taskbar behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar behavior: After updating latest version of windows, the search button of taskbar is expanded, is it a bug or is it official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-behavior/a666681d-4ede-4903-8ab9-17b40129cfa2
  3. Taskbar behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar behavior: After updating latest version of windows, the search button of taskbar is expanded, is it a bug or is it official? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-behavior/a666681d-4ede-4903-8ab9-17b40129cfa2
  4. How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs

How to get New tab from current Directory Behavior in Windows Explorer Tabs: So, when i am browsing through a directory in explorer :- and i open a new tab :-i get to This PC. i want to open a new tab that is also showing the same directory as the previous tab...
  5. Taskbar behavior

Taskbar behavior: Can you run v11 and have the start menu and taskbar operate like in v10? Launching and jumping between programs is onerous in Windows 11. I have tried using registry edits as described online but none have worked. If it is not possible please tell me so i don't hold out hope....
  6. Taskbar behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar behavior: Can you run v11 and have the start menu and taskbar operate like in v10? I have tried many times using registry edits described on online but none have worked. Launching and jumping between programs is onerous in Windows 11. No need to gripe further. If it is not possible...
  7. TaskBar Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskBar Behavior: Win 11 OS Build 22000.613.But when will MS finally fix the TaskBar Behavior bug?I have the "Automatically hide the TaskBar" mode set, but from time to time the TaskBar stops hiding. No manipulations in Settings - Personalization - TaskBar help in solving the problem. The only...
  8. TaskBar Behavior

TaskBar Behavior: Win 11 OS Build 22000.613.But when will MS finally fix the TaskBar Behavior bug?I have the "Automatically hide the TaskBar" mode set, but from time to time the TaskBar stops hiding. No manipulations in Settings - Personalization - TaskBar help in solving the problem. The only...
  9. Alt+Tab behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt+Tab behavior: I am looking for a way for Alt+Tab to take me back to the last window I was using. Right now when you hit Alt+Tab it takes you to another window of the same program if you have one open. For example, if I have an Explorer window and a Word file both open, and then I open...
  10. Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar "start menu" customization tab missing: Right click empty part of taskbar, go to "properties". I have 3 tabs. Taskbar, navigation, and toolbars. According to several sites I have read, I should also have a "start menu" tab with a "customization" button to change some things on the left side of the start menu, and...