Windows 10: Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

Discus and support Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently changed OS from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and been trying to customize a two-finger tap assign middle-click to it, but so far I wasn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Denis Menshchikov, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

Hello, I've recently changed OS from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and been trying to customize a two-finger tap assign middle-click to it, but so far I wasn't able find a way for that.

That would be logical since two-finger swipe is used for scroll "rotate mouse wheel", therefore two-finger tap would be used for scroll mode "press mouse wheel".

"Touchpad Settings" seem to be stored in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad, but they just represent what can be selected in SystemSettings.exe UI dropdown positions instead of action codes.

I have ELAN touchpad driver v22.2.18.2 as of 2020-01-13.

Usually such things would be customized in ELAN-specific tab in Mouse Properties C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL C:\Windows\System32\main.cpl, but the tab is absent.

How do I override the built-in restrictive settings?

Maybe there's a way to actually use ELAN configuration which allows a lot of freedom?

Three-finger or four-finger tap for middle-click is not an option to consider.

:)

Denis Menshchikov, Aug 8, 2020

2. Disable two-finger click for right click, but keep two-finger tap

Symptoms:

• Go into TouchPad settings and disable "Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right click"
    • Also disable "Tap with two fingers to right click"

Then--while holding your tracking finger (e.g. middle finger) on the TouchPad, click with your clicking finger (e.g. index finger) and release. Observe it is interpreted as a right click, despite the disablements above.

At least it does now--as far as I can tell this is something that just happened in a recent Windows Update...on both a Surface Book and Lenovo Yoga 720. I haven't changed how I use the touchpad in any way. And for how my fingers work, it misfires very frequently...thinking my moving tracking finger not being fully lifted when clicking intends a right click menu. I see no way to disable this interpretation.

I'm fine using two-finger tap for right click. The non-configurable lower-right click region never works for how my hand is placed, so I've had to live with this for quite some time. But not this thing I assume must be new (because I never had trouble with it before, nor knew there was a "two-finger click"). Being sure to pull my tracking finger completely off the trackpad to completely clear it for the click is not something I can (or want) to retrain myself to do--too inefficient.

Can people confirm that this is the case on their machines too, and is there any way to disable "two-finger click for right click" and only enable "two-finger tap for right click"?

HostileFork, Aug 8, 2020
  3. distante Win User
    Touchpad gestures and three or two fingers for middle click option missing in windows 10...?

My laptop is a Samsung NP300V4, first I had problems with the touchpad and FN doesn't working but I install an old driver and then let windows to update and no it works correctly with:

Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click d5ac0c5e-2b5a-4ac5-ac77-8703b86fca94.png

Now the basic functions are working (two finger scrolling, tapping etc) , FN are also working but with Windows 8.1 I used two fingers tap to simulate a mouse middle click in my browser so open new tabs was very fast and easy to navigate.

Now with Windows 10, this option is not available, just three fingers tap to open cortana (that isn't available in my country!) and two fingers to right click.

Also the three fingers gestures aren't working to swipe left/right, just the swipe down lot see open apps/programms or swipe up to open file explorer.

• How can I make my three finger tap to work as a mouse middle click?
    • How can I enable three finger gestures?

Thanks

distante, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Clam_N Win User

Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

How to get three finger tap to middle click on touchpad

So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work. Specifically, I would like a middle click from a two or three finger tap. It's an ELAN touchpad, if that makes
    any difference.

Everything I looked up on google said to either use some program from ELAN, or to edit the registry. There currently is no program installed on here from ELAN, and all the google results I could conjure up while looking for a download for the program are
    people wanting to get rid of it.

The suggested registry edit also isn't available for me. That is to say, the path "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > Elantech" does not exist.

I'm not sure what the correct way I should be going about this is.

Clam_N, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

1. Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click - Similar Threads - Customize finger tap

2. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  3. Customizing 4-finger tap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customizing 4-finger tap: I want to change my 4-finger tap to mute, but when I hit 'Start Recording' on my Acer laptop, it shows the mute button as 'D'. How do I configure the tap gesture to mute?My current process is Touchpad > Advanced Gestures > Configure Four-finger > Tap > Custom > Start...
  4. Customizing 4-finger tap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customizing 4-finger tap: I want to change my 4-finger tap to mute, but when I hit 'Start Recording' on my Acer laptop, it shows the mute button as 'D'. How do I configure the tap gesture to mute?My current process is Touchpad > Advanced Gestures > Configure Four-finger > Tap > Custom > Start...
  5. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  6. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  7. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  8. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  9. Is there a way to assign right click to be left click and also preserve two finger tap...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to assign right click to be left click and also preserve two finger tap...: Title. I've misclicked right click so many times on my new laptop that I want to plain remove the physical right click to make it so the entire touchpad does left click, but preserve right clicking to be made by two finger tapping. Already tried X-Mouse which allows me to...
  10. How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get middle click via a three finger tap with my touchpad?: So I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 installed (Acer Aspire E5-573G) and I would like to change the way the touchpad taps work. Specifically, I would like a middle click from a three finger tap. It's an ELAN touchpad, if that makes any difference, and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to configure laptop touchpad twofinger tap to middle click