Windows 10: Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps

Discus and support Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just installed the Windows 10 Instagram app. I like receiving notifications in Windows 10 when I get a Direct Message, but I do not like getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mandala, Dec 8, 2018.

1. mandala Win User

Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps

I just installed the Windows 10 Instagram app. I like receiving notifications in Windows 10 when I get a Direct Message, but I do not like getting notifications when someone follows me. Is granular control over the type of push notifications displayed possible?

:)

mandala, Dec 8, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Mail app not receiving notifications

Hi Dave,

It seems that the Mail app is not running in the background. To show the app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page, we suggest running it in the background. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Privacy
    • In the left pane, select Background apps.
    • Under Let apps run in the background, toggle the switch to turn on or off the background apps.
    • Once you're done, you may now turn on the Mail app in the "Notifications & Actions" settings page to get notifications.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps

APP NOTIFICATIONS - BANNER NOTIFICATION - NONE COMING FOR NEWS, SPORTS, OR MONEY APP - WINDOWS 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps

1. Customize Type of Notifications Received by Apps - Similar Threads - Customize Type Notifications

2. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom "Folder Types": In windows 10, there are 5 built-in folder types defined for folder templates. I would like to create additional types of my own, but have run into the frustration that there simply does not seem to be away to do that within windows. The list of available folder types, seems...
  3. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom "Folder Types": In windows 10, there are 5 built-in folder types defined for folder templates. I would like to create additional types of my own, but have run into the frustration that there simply does not seem to be away to do that within windows. The list of available folder types, seems...
  4. Custom "Folder Types"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not receiving notifications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving notifications in fullscreen: Hello there, for the last few months I have not been getting notifications while I have anything in full screen. I currently have Focus Assist turned off and I still hear notification sounds from apps such as Discord but I cannot see the actual notification box in the bottom...
  6. Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game)

Setting a notification sound for a custom app (game): Is it possible to set a notification sound for an application while running in the background? To put it simple, it's a game and everytime someone sends me a text in-game, and the game is minimized, the only thing that happens is it lights up like this [img] . So i would...
  7. Custom typing noises?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom typing noises?: How do you do it? Right now I'm on a laptop, but could someone explain to me (as the title says) how to put custom sounds onto your laptop keyboard whenever you type? (example: let's say i press A once, then I want a "bruh" sound to come 0.1 seconds after I press A.)...
  8. Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications

Not receiving Windows 10 calendar app notifications: I am no longer receiving calendar app notifications and can't figure out why I am not. Under Windows system settings notifications and actions, Calendar, Mail and Cortana all are turned on. I am receiving notifications from my Windows 10 mail app. When I click on the settings...
  9. Notifications of messages received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notifications of messages received: I always used to have a small orange icon on top of skype ikon with the number of messages received. Now it happens only occasionally. Most times there is no icon to show received messages. The only way I can find out if there are pending messages is to open skype....
  10. Notification area customize

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area customize: Hi I have 9600 machines I manage in a small school system. Is there a way through the registry or GPO to customize what icons are always shown? It seems to be an all or nothing deal. I want certain ones to show and of course students don't have any access to these settings....