Windows 10: "customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on...

Discus and support "customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After getting a new computer with 20H2 already installed I tried to set the options for virtual desktops that formerly were available via "Customize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rene Melek, Apr 13, 2021.

1. "customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on...

After getting a new computer with 20H2 already installed I tried to set the options for virtual desktops that formerly were available via "Customize virtual desktop settings", which was easily evoked by entering "virtual" in the Settings search bar. Now that search returns "no results". Have these settings been removed from Window 10 Pro? Do they reside somewhere else? [They are still available on a machine running a previous version of Windows 10.]

:)

Rene Melek, Apr 13, 2021

2. is there a way to custom label virtual desktops?

is there a way to custom label virtual desktops instead of "desktop 1", "desktop 2", etc.?

GeetikaGuruprasad, Apr 13, 2021
  3. crionsynx Win User
    virtual desktops

Click the Task View button beside the search box/icon in the taskbar.

Click +Desktop to add Virtual Desktop

Hover your mouse to Desktop1 to show list of open Windows

Drag and drop each Windows to target virtual desktop

crionsynx, Apr 13, 2021
  4. sirBait Win User

"customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on...

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

"customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on...

1. "customize virtual desktop options" no longer comes up on 20H2 after entering "virtual" on... - Similar Threads - customize virtual desktop

2. Reorder and customize Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reorder and customize Virtual Desktops: According to this article virtual desktops under Win10 Build 21337 should allow customization of the virtual desktops, Now i am running Build 19044.1826 and i have no idea how to get the update but i sure as hell cannot alter anything to make them stand out. What can i do to...
  3. Virtual Desktops - Custom Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktops - Custom Shortcuts: It seems windows doesn't have a feature to have different shortcuts for the virtual desktops. If it's possible can someone recommend a program I can customize my virtual desktops to have different shortcuts. For example I would like Desktop 1 to be clean and then Desktop 2...
  4. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  5. Virtual Desktop Option with Separate Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktop Option with Separate Shortcuts: I tried out the Task View that is built into Windows 10 to see if it would help me with separating my desktop view for the different tasks that I use my desktop for. Unfortunately it appears that it keeps the same Desktop but just organizes running applications. Outside of...
  6. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  7. Custom virtual webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom virtual webcam: I would like to be able to create a virtual webcam that lets me select an image or a video to output while still remaining a webcam submitted by /u/LLproGam3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffupxl/custom_virtual_webcam/
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  10. Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop: Hi, please forgive me if this has already been asked, I have run a search on "Virtual Desktop" but found almost 2000 results. If I have 2 virtual desktops VD1 and VD2 for explanation sake. I have various items open on both VD1 and VD2, VD1 is a project I'm working on...