Windows 10: Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

Discus and support Customized alert sound for Microsoft News in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to set up a customized alert sound for Microsoft News on PC? I was able to set up a customized alert on my Lumia 950 XL as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JAD11, May 8, 2019.

1. JAD11 Win User

Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

Does anyone know how to set up a customized alert sound for Microsoft News on PC? I was able to set up a customized alert on my Lumia 950 XL as well as my Samsung Galaxy S10 P. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the default sound on my PC and it's the same alert for Cortana and other things. I have no way to differentiate until I'm at the screen.

:)

JAD11, May 8, 2019

2. custom alerts

Unfortunately custom alerts are still not supported even after the Mango update. I guess now we'll have to specifically request custom alerts in the new

Windows Phone Feature Suggestion Box

Julie fka profjulie, May 8, 2019
  3. Wily_One Win User
    Customizing text alerts

Phone: Blackjack II

I have my own sound, a short .wav file, that I want to use for New text messages. I've copied it to the Windows folder on the phone, but it's not showing up in the list of available sounds.

What I'd really like, is to set specific alert sounds depending on the Sender. I thought applying a custom ringtone to the contact would work, but it didn't - the standard New text message alert sounded.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Wily_One, May 8, 2019
  4. Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

text message alert sounds?

Hi,

To assist you better please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the phone?

• When you say ‘’cannot find how to set text message alert sounds’’ are you referring to setup a particular sound/alert for the message or there is no sound alert at all when you received the message?
    I also like to inform you that, you cannot setup a different alert sound except the inbuilt sound alert. If you refer to setting up your choice sound alert, I suggest you to provide your valuable suggestion and feedback using feedback app.

Thank you. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

1. Customized alert sound for Microsoft News - Similar Threads - Customized alert sound

2. How to customize battery alerts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize battery alerts?: I recently needed to replace my laptop battery and read that in order to best maintain my battery life, I should not fully charge my battery to 100%. How do I customize my battery alerts so that I get a notification when my un-plugged battery drops to 40% and also an alert to...
  3. How to customize battery alerts?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to customize battery alerts?: I recently needed to replace my laptop battery and read that in order to best maintain my battery life, I should not fully charge my battery to 100%. How do I customize my battery alerts so that I get a notification when my un-plugged battery drops to 40% and also an alert to...
  4. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the news in the taskbar?: How much can you customize the news in the taskbar? When you click on or hover over the weather summary in the taskbar, a news box pops up. These are news sources that Microsoft his picked. Can I choose my own news sources? I’m seeing news about Trump on an almost daily basis...
  5. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize the news in the taskbar?: How much can you customize the news in the taskbar? When you click on or hover over the weather summary in the taskbar, a news box pops up. These are news sources that Microsoft his picked. Can I choose my own news sources? I’m seeing news about Trump on an almost daily basis...
  6. Customize the news in the taskbar?

7. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  8. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  9. News Bar Customization

10. Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is listening to its customers and that’s excellent news: Microsoft is listening to its customers and that can only be a good thing for its business, its relationship with customers, and the company’s general outlook. Why do I think Microsoft has suddenly started listening? It’s simple: The company will now tell users what,...