Windows 10: Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly.

Discus and support Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have set several personalized, customized desktop folder icons through 'properties > customize > change icon > apply > ok.' Some of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TadJohnson2, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly.

Hello,

I have set several personalized, customized desktop folder icons through 'properties > customize > change icon > apply > ok.'

Some of them work fine, but there are a pesky few that just refuse to stick to the folder and they disappear. As a result I would try it again to no avail. I cannot find any information through DuckDuckGo or Google. I admit that I stopped after it appeared that I would be searching for a long time.

If anyone has any information that they can share I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You!

:)

TadJohnson2, Mar 2, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly. upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Customize folder icon disappeared

When you open the folder properties (for one of those video folders which has lost the icon) and click the Customize tab, does the custom icon you assigned earlier, show up correctly?

Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly. a073da5d-7238-47e1-bc45-f99189f978ef.png

If so, a icon cache refresh or a rebuild might help. OTOH, if the custom icon isn't shown there, then the desktop.ini in that folder may have lost its S H attributes, or the folder has lost its R attribute.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly.

Desktop Icons disappeared

Hi Kinsley,

• Are you referring to the desktop icons?
    • When did the icons disappear? Did you make any changes to the system Settings?

It's possible that your device is in Tablet mode. I suggest you to turn it off and check if the icons appear. To do so, select the
    Action center icon on the taskbar (the little message box next to the date and time), and then select
    Tablet mode to turn it on or off.

Also refer the following thread which discusses about a similar issue.

Windows 10 - Desktop icons disappeared - I may have hit something that is causing my problem

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly.

1. Customized Desktop Icon/Image Disappears From The Folder Repeatedly. - Similar Threads - Customized Desktop Icon

2. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  3. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  4. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  5. Customize folder icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize folder icon: Can I add here custom picture or icon? I am trying to change icon of a folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-folder-icon/ec15e418-deb5-4ccb-a624-5f0f17356e00
  6. Applications/Icons Disappeared From Desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Applications/Icons Disappeared From Desktop: Hi - So recently I logged into my computer and half of my desktop was empty. All of the folders, images, text files, etc. were gone and I am not sure how to get them back. I ran a virus check to see if that was the issue, but that was not the case. I also checked my...
  7. Images in customized folder icons disappearing in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Images in customized folder icons disappearing in file explorer.: Hi Microsoft. I know this is a bug in windows/file explorer, But are there any way i can make some kind of back-up when this occurs. I have hundreds of custom made icons for my folders on a external hdd drive which have taken me many hours to create, So is there any way to...
  8. Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?: What is going on with my desktop ? My desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ? Where is my stuff ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-and-folders-keep-disappearing/bf48c283-71fb-4b84-bb81-6c5dcec27ec8
  9. Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently: I recently a few months ago found out that I can change the icons of folders. Seeing the potential usefulness of this I made my own custom icons by building vector icons in CorelDraw 2018, the graphic design software I use on a day to day basis. Ive spent a lot of time...
  10. Desktop Icon disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon disappears: Hello, I'm trying to research this issue for a small software company I work for. one of the most common issues I seem to see lately is that our customers are telling us that their shortcut to our program is disappearing from their desktop of their workstation computers....