Windows 10: Customized role based access to windows user

Discus and support Customized role based access to windows user in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Team,I am trying to figure out a way to provide access to few user who have few administrative right like to make changes to system files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sajal Nigam, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Customized role based access to windows user

Hello Team,I am trying to figure out a way to provide access to few user who have few administrative right like to make changes to system files and only access to certain application for eg : SQL server.Is there a way to do it.

:)

Sajal Nigam, Nov 28, 2022

2. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Customized role based access to windows user

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Customized role based access to windows user

1. Customized role based access to windows user - Similar Threads - Customized role based

2. how do i change my role to a administrator as a user with no access windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my role to a administrator as a user with no access windows11?: I accidentally changed my role to a device owner and no i cant allow access to any apps i try to download and some i already have downloaded. I have looked at so many tutorials and they don't seem to work....
  3. how do i change my role to a administrator as a user with no access windows11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i change my role to a administrator as a user with no access windows11?: I accidentally changed my role to a device owner and no i cant allow access to any apps i try to download and some i already have downloaded. I have looked at so many tutorials and they don't seem to work....
  4. Customized role based access to windows user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized role based access to windows user: Hello Team,I am trying to figure out a way to provide access to few user who have few administrative right like to make changes to system files and only access to certain application for eg : SQL server.Is there a way to do it....
  5. Switching Drive "Roles"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching Drive "Roles": Is it ok and safe to switch C and D drive? can i destroy my laptop by doing this? how can i make D drive my main drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-drive-roles/943b3080-6e9a-44dd-8d0f-273482798652
  6. Trouble Granting User File Access in Windows Based Intranet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble Granting User File Access in Windows Based Intranet: Stuck on developing a local intranet for a client's small business enterprise network. OS: Windows 2019 Database Server Active Directory: Accessed through LDAPS Web Server: XAMPP v3.2.4 Web Server Language: PHP Hosting Machine: HOST virtual server Goals: 1 Provide an...
  7. All new AD users automatically assigned a guest role

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All new AD users automatically assigned a guest role: Hello everyone, Is it possible on a domain - bound workstation to assign all new AD users whom sign in to get the Guest role? Reason being, we don't want AD users saving to the workstation we're setting up. We're using Windows 10 Enterprise v1809 and newer. 161457
  8. Change Administrator role to Standard User role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator role to Standard User role: I would like to change the original user that the computer was setup with from an administrator to a standard user. I have added another user that has administrator rights. Please advise how I can do this. Thank you in advance, Bob...
  9. CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CUSTOM FOLDER COLOR BASED ON FOLDER SIZE: Hello, Does anyone know of a way to automatically change the color of a folder based on it's size? I know there are free folder colour applications like Folder Marker, but I haven't been able to find one that colours automatically. We are looking for a solution at work to...
  10. Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not administrator anymore / User Account Roles issue: It seems my only user on this PC isn't a administrator even though the role in Control Panel\User Accounts\User Accounts clearly says ; <Acount Name> <Email> Administrator Password protected When running gpedit.msc it says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. and running...