Windows 10: Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

Discus and support Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nuno L, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Nuno L Win User

Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every single time.Is there any way to force this scale factor without it resetting on repeat?I have updated drivers for graphics, the latest version of Windows 11 and everything else seems to be in order.

:)

Nuno L, Dec 4, 2023

2. Setting a custom scaling factor

So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.

I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature.

Now my desktop looks the exact same (as expected and wanted) but my mouse movement feels different. The scaling method i used before was the default windows 100% scaling, so the reason for me setting this custom scale factor was infact to achieve different/better/more accurate, mouse movement.

When i open my display settings, the scaling section is greyed out. This is all well and good but in that greyed out section, it says that i have a scaling of 175%.

Why is this ? I have checked in my advanced scaling settings, and there it says i have the 100% that i put in. And the scaling of the desktop looks nothing like 175%.

So im curious as to why this happened, and i dont get how my mouse movement feels different (which it does). When essentially i changed the scaling factor from 100% to a custom set 100%.

And as for the "let windows fix apps so that they are not blurry setting" what does it do in terms of dpi scaling ? does it make an application run in the default dpi that the windows desktop runs in ? or does it do the opposite, by which i mean change the dpi to whatever looks good. This is important for me because i figure any application using the default scale/dpi of the desktop should have the most accurate mouse movement, which i what im looking for. So i would rather have a blurry application with accurate mouse movement, as opposed to a crisp and sharp one with inaccurate mouse movement.

I use the 6 out of 11 option in the mouse sensitivity setting, and i have "enhanced pointer precision" turned off.

In my Nvidia control panel "adjust desktop size and position" tab. i have it set to aspect ratio scaling/perform scaling on display/and the override scaling mode set by games and programs option, is set to off.

Also curious as to how the Nvidia desktop scaling features interact with the windows scaling features.

any answers are appreciated

Erlendmikkel, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

I am running windows 10. I have a dual monitor setup. One is 1080p and the main one is 1440p. I'm having an issue that custom scaling keeps turning on after I have turned it off. I go into display properties, click turn off custom scaling and sign out.
    I do that. It appears to work, but then on the next boot up, the custom scaling is back again. I have tried uninstalling my monitors and having device manager find them again and reinstalling, but not dice.

Any suggestions? So frustrating that this keeps getting turned on without my permission.

StoneStep 1014, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

1. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot - Similar Threads - Customized scaling Custom

2. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  3. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  4. Custom Scaling

Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  5. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  6. Setting a custom scaling factor

Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  7. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Custom Scaling Factor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Scaling Factor: Greetings All, I wanted to know if there is a way to make my windows laptop look crisp and clear, without making the icons and the font too big. I have a 14 inch laptop and I need the best custom scaling factor so that my icons and apps are not blurry. I have already tried...
  9. Custom scaling query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom scaling query: If I make scaling a very high percentage in Windows 10, does it revert to 100% or a more easy to read size if you log into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-query/0b5fca9c-4ba1-4190-a6b6-a81d65472183
  10. Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom Scaling Keeps Turning On: I am running windows 10. I have a dual monitor setup. One is 1080p and the main one is 1440p. I'm having an issue that custom scaling keeps turning on after I have turned it off. I go into display properties, click turn off custom scaling and sign out. I do that. It...