Windows 10: Customized Start Up Not Working

Discus and support Customized Start Up Not Working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a personalized startup screen with background photo, icons on the task bar, shortcut files on the desktop, etc. Today 2/22/20, it quit loading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StanleyMael, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Customized Start Up Not Working

I have a personalized startup screen with background photo, icons on the task bar, shortcut files on the desktop, etc. Today 2/22/20, it quit loading and when I turn my computer on it looks like I just took it out of the box and plugged it in. How do I get my personal settings back? I tried a number of online suggestions relating to the start up search feature, but nothing has worked. Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

StanleyMael, Feb 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Start menu customization

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable the function show most used apps and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘Settings' and press enter.
    • Click on ‘Personalization' and click on ‘Start' .
    • Now turn off the option 'Show most used Apps'.
    If you're trying to pin the programs\ applications to the Taskbar right click on the App\Program and select the option Pin to Taskbar.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Customized Start Up Not Working

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Customized Start Up Not Working

1. Customized Start Up Not Working - Similar Threads - Customized Start Working

2. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  3. Start menu customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu customization: Alright, this may be a double or triple question, but I am seeking consistency within my desktop layout. Currently, I have the TranslucentTB app downloaded from the Windows Store, and it works like a charm. However, my start menu is not translucent as well ... which is kind...
  4. How to have a custom start up sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to have a custom start up sound?: Hi, I really want to have Windows ME/2000 startup sound on my Windows 10 computer because the sound is so nostalgic to me. Any solutions to change the start up sound will be granted. Thank you for your time! submitted by /u/HowToUpvote1 [link] [comments]...
  5. Custom start up sound??

Custom start up sound??: Is there no way to add a custom start up sound in windows 10 I've tried a few tutorials and nothing happens submitted by /u/autoconprime [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6duje/custom_start_up_sound/
  6. How can I change/customize start up?

How can I change/customize start up?: How can I add/change stuff like text and background when starting up Ps I am not talking about boot I mean when Windows starts after that submitted by /u/nool_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggpvrp/how_can_i_changecustomize_start_up/
  7. Customizing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing Start Menu: [ATTACH] When I move or delete items in this folder^ the start menu doesn't change even when I reboot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/379fa108-dbbf-417e-a444-dfcdf48a0768
  8. Customizing Start Menu

Customizing Start Menu: When I try to edit start menu in Explorer it does let me make changes but my changes are not reflected on the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customizing-start-menu/0733cd6f-d942-4239-b4af-4d778204fb8e
  9. Customize Start Menu

Customize Start Menu: Greetings, Is it possible to customize the Start menu? Specifically, I want to move "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader" to a custom folder. I was able to create an Adobe folder: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Normally, I can...
  10. Start Menu Customization

Start Menu Customization: Is there a way to put custom items here instead of a full list of programs in my PC? sort of winows 7 style? https://i.imgur.com/LVdbxwY.png 66926