Windows 10: Customizing Display Preview

Discus and support Customizing Display Preview in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Advanced Display Settings and the Customizing display preview are missing from my Display Settings. Also the Orientation Option is disabled. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lousifa, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Lousifa Win User

Customizing Display Preview

The Advanced Display Settings and the Customizing display preview are missing from my Display Settings. Also the Orientation Option is disabled.

I had these options available to me last week until windows 10 updated.

I have tried everything, Factory reset, Update drivers, re-install windows 10, Rollback feature is grayed out in device manager, drivers are up to date, detect monitor is grayed out.

I am trying to connect a second monitor to my laptop through HMDI (I have been using this monitor for 6 months until windows recently updated)

Now when the monitor is connected to the laptop the monitor displays (No Video Signal)

I have tried different cords, and different monitors.

My display settings now looks like this instead of what it originally looked like before

Customizing Display Preview 3191232e-e62f-4d73-b421-4f9a205bc141?upload=true.png

I have been told that windows has disabled the double monitor feature for some laptops or that the settings to change or add dual monitors or mirror is now displayed somewhere else?

Is there away for me to connect my monitor using HDMI or am I out of luck?

Customizing Display Preview f089a1a4-c37f-4303-b1fd-7128385725d6?upload=true.png

I am using a Sony Vaio

Product: SVT131190X

:)

Lousifa, Sep 16, 2018

2. Windows display

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to customize the display:

• In the search box type settings.
    • Click on system option.
    • Then click on display option and then you can change it.
    • For more settings for display you can go for advance settings option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2018
  3. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Customizing Display Preview

Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Customizing Display Preview

1. Customizing Display Preview - Similar Threads - Customizing Display Preview

2. lack of display customization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lack of display customization?: Hello, apologies if I am repeating prior posts, but what is happening with the lack of customization for displays on windows 11?Firstly, the zoom/scale 100% and resolution default settings are huge! I have to run programs for work like Citrix for example and the zoom is so...
  3. lack of display customization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of display customization?: Hello, apologies if I am repeating prior posts, but what is happening with the lack of customization for displays on windows 11?Firstly, the zoom/scale 100% and resolution default settings are huge! I have to run programs for work like Citrix for example and the zoom is so...
  4. Custom File Thumbnails or Preview for Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom File Thumbnails or Preview for Files?: Hi all,I was wondering if there was any way to enable file previews for PDFs or add custom thumbnails as I have a lot of PDFs and it's impossible to differentiate them without looking at the file names themselves. File names are useful obviously, but it'd be incredibly easier...
  5. Custom File Thumbnails or Preview for Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom File Thumbnails or Preview for Files?: Hi all,I was wondering if there was any way to enable file previews for PDFs or add custom thumbnails as I have a lot of PDFs and it's impossible to differentiate them without looking at the file names themselves. File names are useful obviously, but it'd be incredibly easier...
  6. Display Customization - Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  7. Display; customization

Display; customization: When one has grandkids, computer settings occasionally get changed. Is there any way to reset all parameters regarding fonts, colors, background, etc., back to the original installation default settings? It's hard to write/work with purple background and green fonts that...
  8. Customize display setting

Customize display setting: In display settings there's supposed to be a way to change the displays for different monitors but that has now disappeared and now my laptop won't connect with my monitor anymore. I have already tried going into the device controls and playing with the graphic card so what...
  9. No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed?

No Customizing Display Preview? Setting removed?: The Advanced Display Settings and the Customizing display preview are missing from my Display Settings. Also the Orientation Option is disabled. I had these options available to me last week until windows 10 updated. I have tried everything, Factory reset, Update drivers,...
  10. customize display?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    customize display?: i usually set my display @ 110 on windows 10 ,its either 100 or 125 i will not let me chose 110. it goes 25 increments only. any ideas? thanks 22107