Windows 10: Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos.

Discus and support Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before Win10, screen saver could be customized to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos. How do I do this in Win10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Larry33NJ, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Larry33NJ Win User

Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos.

Before Win10, screen saver could be customized to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos. How do I do this in Win10?

:)

Larry33NJ, Apr 28, 2020

2. How to Fade Screen Saver in Windows 10

I want to have a screen saver of my personal photos that are shuffled and fade in/out as the photos change. This used to be an option, but Windows 10 does not make that option obvious at all. It is not present on the screen saver settings menu.

This option has apparently been hidden in previous versions of Windows too, and for example, someone found a fix involving adding a registry change here: http://www.sevenforums.com/customiza...nexistent.html

But I wanted to make sure that this registry change was still a good idea for Windows 10 before making that change. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

poetofpiano, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User
    Screen Saver for use with my photos

I have a great screen saver that I have used for years - Firehand Screen Saver. Unfortunately now that I have come to install it on a new PC it won't recognise the ID and PW required. The guy who wrote and marketed it is no longer trading - the problem with one man businesses!

A remote hope - is anyone else using this screen saver (and its companion photo viewer Ember) and willing to pass on registration information
    or
    suggest a screen saver I can use with my photos. A search for free ones seems to just produce ones with built in images.

Sigurd, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos.

"Modern" Screen Saver Gone after update

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We don't have any direct option to get back those background screen saver but you can change screen saver of your choice. Please follow the below steps to change the screen saver:

• Press the Windows Key any type Screen saver.
    • click on change screen savor settings.
    • you can select various screen savors and check the setting for customizing.
    • you will have option to select you choice photos.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos.

1. Customizing screen saver to use wipes, fades, etc, when changing photos. - Similar Threads - Customizing screen saver

2. Submitting a photo that can be used for a screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Submitting a photo that can be used for a screen saver: How can we submit images to be used for windows screen saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/submitting-a-photo-that-can-be-used-for-a-screen/66b9768a-6c2b-4f2e-a57c-f957c715438f
  3. Screen Saver Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Photos: I have thousands of family photos that I am finally using for my screen saver. My question: is there a way to see exactly what folder a photo is located or the file name of the photo that is being displayed? My problem is that a photo comes across my screen that I may want to...
  4. customizing screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    customizing screen saver: I was looking for wallpapers/screensavers and I remembered a old screen saver from back then its called 3d pipes and I want to install it into the computer as my screen saver but I don't know how any help would be nice!...
  5. customize screen saver

customize screen saver: how do I customize my lock screen screen saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customize-screen-saver/12483304-a126-4194-a845-3f8d9989fbb5
  6. Screen Saver for use with my photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Saver for use with my photos: I have a great screen saver that I have used for years - Firehand Screen Saver. Unfortunately now that I have come to install it on a new PC it won't recognise the ID and PW required. The guy who wrote and marketed it is no longer trading - the problem with one man...
  7. using windows photo gallery as screen saver

using windows photo gallery as screen saver: using windows photo gallery as screen saver some of my photos appear on their side. How can I avoid this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-photo-gallery-as-screen-saver/50714d04-e20f-49ca-a03e-1ca6dc948494
  8. Screen Saver Photos

Screen Saver Photos: Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself. Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a...
  9. How to Fade Screen Saver in Windows 10

How to Fade Screen Saver in Windows 10: I want to have a screen saver of my personal photos that are shuffled and fade in/out as the photos change. This used to be an option, but Windows 10 does not make that option obvious at all. It is not present on the screen saver settings menu. This option has apparently...
  10. Custom (Translucent) Screen Saver?

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom (Translucent) Screen Saver?: adding a custom screen saver to windows 10 seems pretty straightforward, and there's no shortage of sites dedicated to screen saver downloads, but is there such a thing as a translucent screen saver that, once it kicks in, allows your desktop to still be visible, albeit...