Windows 10: Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now

Discus and support Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to recover now those files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Constantinos55, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now

Is there a way to recover now those files?

:)

Constantinos55, Jul 30, 2020

2. Windows recover files lost during cut and paste

If files are lost using a cut and paste operation in Windows 10, e.g. due to a system crash, where do I find the files?

A friend of mine recently lost really important files due to cut and pasting onto a usb drive and then not ejecting the usb drive correctly.

I tried locating the files on his system but could not find them.

Is it really the case that Windows does just delete the files from the source directory before ensuring that they are moved to the target directory successfully? If so, how do I disable the cut and paste functionality as I consider it to be a seriously messed up bug then.

logical x 2, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Major defect with WM6 - Cut & Paste, then Cancel resulting in lost files!!

Reproduction steps

IPAQ 214, with WM6 classic, CE OS 5.2.1711 (build 18165.0.5.0)

PC - WinXP Pro, SP2

• Connect ipaq to PC via USB cable.
    • Select mulitiple files from ipaq via Win Explorer on PC
    • Cut and paste files to a folder on PC (by drag & drop whilst holding Shift key)
    • Whilst files are copying, click cancel (on PC dialogue box)
    Expected results

Cut and paste operation ceases, leaving any uncopied files from source (i.e. files should remain on ipaq)

Actual results

Cut and paste operation ceases, and all files are MISSING from source.

Result/impact

I have lost all my data.

Any advice on data recovery?

If anyone has any advice for me regarding how to recover the data I would be very much obliged.

Best regards

Mark

Mark Davies10, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Newmooon Win User

Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now

Major defect with WM6 - Cut & Paste, then Cancel resulting in lost files!!

Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

its one on 10000000000 bugs

i can say more than ~500 bugs from wm6.5

join us :

making windows Mobile better

We want to make a difference . join us

Device: MODEL : I-mate Ultimate 6150 ROM: WWE.6.1.3.08 RIL version: 9001_v31.0[M] IPL : 1.00 SPL : 0.733.1 Desktop: OS : Windows 7 Ultimate Rating : 4.9 ..............." Microsoft is not about greed. It's about innovation and fairness"

Newmooon, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now

1. Cut and paste files to usb. But lost usb now - Similar Threads - Cut paste files

2. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...: This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying...
  3. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...: This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying...
  4. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to find lost files after cut & paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find lost files after cut & paste: 1 I connected my phone & an external hard drive to my PC2 I cut a hundred or so .jpg pictures that were stored my phone and pasted them into a folder I just created on my external hard drive.3 Later without having disconnected either the phone or the hard drive I couldn't...
  6. How to find lost files after cut & paste

How to find lost files after cut & paste: 1 I connected my phone & an external hard drive to my PC2 I cut a hundred or so .jpg pictures that were stored my phone and pasted them into a folder I just created on my external hard drive.3 Later without having disconnected either the phone or the hard drive I couldn't...
  7. Lost usb

Lost usb: I recently lost my usb, it had all my passwordsHow do I find a lost device ipAnyone help? >_< https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-usb/c1c0d60b-a63e-4983-81d3-3158debbcd92
  8. Lost usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost usb: I recently lost my usb, it had all my passwordsHow do I find a lost device ipAnyone help? >_< https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-usb/c1c0d60b-a63e-4983-81d3-3158debbcd92
  9. Lost usb

10. Lost files during cut and paste

Lost files during cut and paste: Hi there So I was cutting and pasting several large folders from my laptop to hard drive when my laptop suddenly turned off. When I turned it back on again, I could see that the files were gone from the one disk E:, and I could also see that my C: folder had exactly that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Connect ipaq to PC via USB cable. Select mulitiple files from ipaq via Win Explorer on PC Cut and paste files to a folder on PC (by drag & drop whilst holding Shift key) Whilst files are copying click cancel (on PC dialogue box)