Windows 10: Cut and Paste Interrupted

Discus and support Cut and Paste Interrupted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Disk space was required on a disk so a cut and paste process was initiated to recover disk space. The cut and paste process was at 99% complete when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobT671, Feb 11, 2019.

1. BobT671 Win User

Cut and Paste Interrupted

Disk space was required on a disk so a cut and paste process was initiated to recover disk space. The cut and paste process was at 99% complete when it got interrupted. It looks like the files where moved. The files are accessible on the destination disk and are not visible on the source disk. However, the disk space that should have been made available because of the move was not recovered because of the interruption. i.e 50 MB available space on the source disk, 1 GB cut and pasted to destination, cut and pasted interrupted at 99% completion. Destination disk show all files moved and source disk shows all files removed but source disk available space still only show 50 MB. Is there a way to recover the 1GB of space that should be available on the source disk?

:)

BobT671, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Cut and Paste Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Are you trying to cut and paste a folder from an external device?
    • Do you have any other User accounts on the computer? Did you check the files in other User accounts if any?
    • Was there any interruption during the cut and paste process?
    • If the cut and paste process was interrupted, did you receive any error code or error message?

I suggest you to check the missing files in the Recycle Bin and try recovering the files. You can also try manually searching the files by entering the file name in the search bar.

Please refer this article and run the diagnostic tool to troubleshoot on the issue.

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Feb 11, 2019
  3. hogesinwa Win User
    Cut and Paste procedure is NOT "cutting"

Hi. I am engaged in a lengthy exercise to shift a heap of files from RAR-type folders to normal folders.

I am cutting-and-pasting. However, Windows is NOT cutting, it is copying and pasting and I then have to go back to delete the file.

Why O why O why will this. !%^$% system not do as it is told. Have we slowly morphed into an Apple lookalike where nerds "know" what is best for us?

When I "cut", I want it cut!

Anyone know why this is occurring?

Suggestions appreciated.

Hoges

hogesinwa, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Cut and Paste Interrupted

my cut and paste is not working

Hello Patricia,

To better manage this thread regarding the cut and paste issue of your device. I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you using the shortcut keys or your mouse to cut and paste text?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking the on-screen keyboard if the issue also occurs on it. To open the on-screen keyboard, type
    OSK in the Search box and press
    Enter. Then, try cutting and pasting a text using it and check if the issue persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Cut and Paste Interrupted

1. Cut and Paste Interrupted - Similar Threads - Cut Paste Interrupted

2. Cut and Paste Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cut and Paste Problem: Occasionally, when I cut a folder and paste it to a new location. Only the folder shows up in the new location minus any files inside that folder - Just where did the files go? Or in an effort to group like folders (Digital Pictures, for example) from different hard drives to...
  3. cut or copy and paste

cut or copy and paste: I use to be able to cut and paste by highlighting and right clicking. Now I can highlight but when I right click this option is no longer available. What happened to my cut, copy and paste and how can I get them back?...
  4. Cut and paste in Works

Cut and paste in Works: I've long had the problem that cutting text in Word or Excel and trying to paste in a Works database produces just <<Picture>> in the box (there's a thread on that). Now it's putting <<Picture>> in the box even with a simple cut & paste from the adjacent field....
  5. Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

in Windows 10 Support
    Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:: I had this cut & paste problem for 2-weeks, I eventually found the answer on the www, it was only a few short lines, the other answers contained huge amounts of information and for this reason looked more convincing, I mean to say if they can write 500 words on this subject...
  6. sentence format in cut and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    sentence format in cut and paste: When pasting from nonword doc to word doc the sentence tabs default to cut doc meaning I have to adjust each sentence. I know there must be a way to reformat entire paste text so sentence tabs are same as my MS word defaults but I can't find it. Please help me before I jump...
  7. Making folders. cut & paste

Making folders. cut & paste: I have an HP Pavilion and I need to know how to make folders, cut and paste. I'm not very familiar with the function keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/making-folders-cut-paste/3abc1d07-bb33-4634-9680-7298dcfb007e
  8. Cutting and pasting in word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cutting and pasting in word: When I cut text in word it is not there when I want to paste it. I can copy and paste but then need to go back and delete the text I've just copied. I've had windows 10 since April and I'm sure I've been able to do it before but I can't today. I've gone through the advanced...
  9. cut copy paste

in Windows 10 Support
    cut copy paste: Before update 14383 I used my mouse for cut. copy, paste. After this update that disappeared. Why 55859
  10. Cut or Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Cut or Copy and Paste: How do you copy or paste from one document to another in Windows 10? Thanks. 48387