Windows 10: cut and paste

Discus and support cut and paste in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/84333e3a-c893-4447-a22e-85d42636b371 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sijay_01, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Sijay_01 Win User

cut and paste

i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below.

:)

Sijay_01, Dec 3, 2021
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Cut and Paste Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Are you trying to cut and paste a folder from an external device?
    • Do you have any other User accounts on the computer? Did you check the files in other User accounts if any?
    • Was there any interruption during the cut and paste process?
    • If the cut and paste process was interrupted, did you receive any error code or error message?

I suggest you to check the missing files in the Recycle Bin and try recovering the files. You can also try manually searching the files by entering the file name in the search bar.

Please refer this article and run the diagnostic tool to troubleshoot on the issue.

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 3, 2021
  3. hogesinwa Win User
    Cut and Paste procedure is NOT "cutting"

Hi. I am engaged in a lengthy exercise to shift a heap of files from RAR-type folders to normal folders.

I am cutting-and-pasting. However, Windows is NOT cutting, it is copying and pasting and I then have to go back to delete the file.

Why O why O why will this. !%^$% system not do as it is told. Have we slowly morphed into an Apple lookalike where nerds "know" what is best for us?

When I "cut", I want it cut!

Anyone know why this is occurring?

Suggestions appreciated.

Hoges

hogesinwa, Dec 3, 2021
  4. cut and paste

my cut and paste is not working

Hello Patricia,

To better manage this thread regarding the cut and paste issue of your device. I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you using the shortcut keys or your mouse to cut and paste text?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking the on-screen keyboard if the issue also occurs on it. To open the on-screen keyboard, type
    OSK in the Search box and press
    Enter. Then, try cutting and pasting a text using it and check if the issue persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

cut and paste

1. cut and paste - Similar Threads - cut paste

2. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  3. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  4. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  5. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  6. Windows 11 - File Explorer always opening the Address Bar after cut copy paste any file -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - File Explorer always opening the Address Bar after cut copy paste any file -...: Hi, Each and every time when i do some work in explorer like transferring a file from one location to another it always creates a mess with the address bar which is occuring for past 2 major updates 22h2 and now 23h2.My Win 11 SpecsEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS build...
  7. Windows 11 - File Explorer always opening the Address Bar after cut copy paste any file -...

Windows 11 - File Explorer always opening the Address Bar after cut copy paste any file -...: Hi, Each and every time when i do some work in explorer like transferring a file from one location to another it always creates a mess with the address bar which is occuring for past 2 major updates 22h2 and now 23h2.My Win 11 SpecsEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2 OS build...
  8. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...: This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying...
  9. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...: This happened on Windows 10. I was transferring files from a USB drive to my computer. I cut the folders "Test 1" and "Test 2" from the USB to the pictures folder. I had forgotten that there was already a "Test 1" folder on the computer. No warning message popped up saying...
  10. Is there a way to recover a folder and files lost when cut and pasted from a USB drive to a...