Windows 10: Cut files from videos folder now gone.

Discus and support Cut files from videos folder now gone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pasted them to a usb drive, all seemed well except for a few corrupted files which I skipped. But most files are missing, empty folders, some videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eltegs, Jun 27, 2020.

1. /u/eltegs Win User

Cut files from videos folder now gone.

Pasted them to a usb drive, all seemed well except for a few corrupted files which I skipped.

But most files are missing, empty folders, some videos wont play, and some are fine.

Tried a restore from recycle bin, but the situation is the same as above.

What happened, over 20GB data, gone.

submitted by /u/eltegs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/eltegs, Jun 27, 2020
  2. WillJDunn Win User

Files gone after cut/paste then undo (control+z)

I seem to have lost my files after doing the following steps. Is there a way for me to find the files?

• I created a new folder in "Pictures" called "MomsPhone" C:\Users\willj\Pictures\MomsPhone
    • I selected the picture files from the android phone's DCIM folder, right clicked and chose "Cut"
    • Right clicked in the "MomsPhone" folder and chose "Paste"
    • In the "Pictures" directory, pressed control+z (undo)
    After the above the "MomsPhone" directory is gone, the only folder in "Pictures" that was created today is "New folder" which is empty. The files from the original device (pictures from android phone's DCIM folder) are also gone (result of the cut/paste)

Edit: I use a Windows 10 HP with a Samsung SSD

WillJDunn, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 27, 2020
  4. SureshA1 Win User

Cut and Paste Images gone

All the image cut from Mobile and Paste in the Desktop ,once completed the Operation ,i was trying to create New folder but accidentally press REDO new button. Now all the images and videos are gone. Please help in this regard to get the file.

SureshA1, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Cut files from videos folder now gone. - Similar Threads - Cut files videos

2. Folders are gone now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders are gone now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  3. Folders are gone now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders are gone now...: Hello,I am using the new windows system 11, and I just got a system upgraded. but after the system completed the upgrade and restarted, I click "This PC" to open my files, all those folds such as Download, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc ... all of those folders disappeared....
  4. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone: I searched my computer and it looked like I did not have OneDrive installed, and I did not have it set to automatically save/store anything there. However, I had a folder titled "OneDrive" with lots of random things in it, with many of the folders completely empty. I searched...
  5. Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone

Deleted OneDrive folder, now everything is gone: I searched my computer and it looked like I did not have OneDrive installed, and I did not have it set to automatically save/store anything there. However, I had a folder titled "OneDrive" with lots of random things in it, with many of the folders completely empty. I searched...
  6. Files Folders have gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Folders have gone: 3 years of photographs have disappeared as well as everything in my download file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-folders-have-gone/67eb2de2-4c25-4f29-b668-d5269e20b08a"
  7. File folder names gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File folder names gone: My file folder names disappeared when I recently 3/2020 updated Windows. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-folder-names-gone/819f1c73-77a3-4ada-80d9-ebf057024ab8
  8. Cut and Paste Images gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cut and Paste Images gone: All the image cut from Mobile and Paste in the Desktop ,once completed the Operation ,i was trying to create New folder but accidentally press REDO new button. Now all the images and videos are gone. Please help in this regard to get the file....
  9. Video editor gone from Photos

Video editor gone from Photos: After updating to 2019.18114.19318.0, I've lost access to the video editor features entirely. Where the create button used to be, I can now only create a new album. Multiple reinstalls and resets have not fixed the issue. [ATTACH]...
  10. edges cut from all sides on video

in Windows 10 Customization
    edges cut from all sides on video: I have a laptop running windows 10. Recently any time I play a video, it appears with the edges cut from all directions (up, down, left, and right). This happens when I play any kind of video. I first noticed it in the browser when I go to youtube or facebook. I thought it...