Windows 10: Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

Discus and support Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this cut & paste problem for 2-weeks, I eventually found the answer on the www, it was only a few short lines, the other answers contained huge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RU18 AND SOBER, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

I had this cut & paste problem for 2-weeks, I eventually found the answer on the www, it was only a few short lines, the other answers contained huge amounts of information and for this reason looked more convincing, I mean to say if they can write 500 words on this subject one assumes that they must know what they are talking about. The few magic lines said:

In word highlight the page you are working on, control-A.
    Press keys CONTROL-SHIFT with left hand.
    With right hand press F9. And thats it cured.

Others have restart is the answer, I did, time after time, but it was no use. Stick with the 3-golden lines above.

:)

RU18 AND SOBER, Nov 1, 2018

2. my cut and paste is not working

Hello Patricia,

To better manage this thread regarding the cut and paste issue of your device. I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you using the shortcut keys or your mouse to cut and paste text?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking the on-screen keyboard if the issue also occurs on it. To open the on-screen keyboard, type
    OSK in the Search box and press
    Enter. Then, try cutting and pasting a text using it and check if the issue persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Nov 1, 2018
  3. rondaWF Win User
    cut and paste not working

This subject has been beaten to death, by frustrated people, but aside from one answer of a microsoft tech in 2015 (which only 2 found helpful and did not answer the question), why won´t cut and paste work?

I cannot download windows 10 again, until this problem is solved. Twice I downloaded windows 10, and twice I paid for expensive repairs (and loss of time on my use of my computer), but due to the pressure to download before the cut off date at the end of
    this month, I again downloaded windows 10 (and thank God I had to foresight to save how to roll it back on an email).

WHY WON´T CUT AND PASTE (CONTROL C CONTROL V WORK). <removed>I have a computer to work and for pleasure, not to scream and swear at.

***Edited subject by the Moderator for clarification***

rondaWF, Nov 1, 2018
  4. hogesinwa Win User

Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

Cut and Paste procedure is NOT "cutting"

Hi. I am engaged in a lengthy exercise to shift a heap of files from RAR-type folders to normal folders.

I am cutting-and-pasting. However, Windows is NOT cutting, it is copying and pasting and I then have to go back to delete the file.

Why O why O why will this. !%^$% system not do as it is told. Have we slowly morphed into an Apple lookalike where nerds "know" what is best for us?

When I "cut", I want it cut!

Anyone know why this is occurring?

Suggestions appreciated.

Hoges

hogesinwa, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

1. Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved: - Similar Threads - Cut Paste Working

2. Cut and Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and Paste: Windows 10 on Dell PC. Why does cut and paste keep failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/9d22a4c0-5284-460f-8a4e-18aecdcf4645
  3. Cut and Paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cut and Paste: Windows 10 on Dell PC. Why does cut and paste keep failing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/9d22a4c0-5284-460f-8a4e-18aecdcf4645
  4. cut and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut and paste: i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/84333e3a-c893-4447-a22e-85d42636b371
  5. cut and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cut and paste: i cant cut and paste into the dialogue below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/84333e3a-c893-4447-a22e-85d42636b371
  6. cut and paste

7. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  8. cut and paste

cut and paste: hello i am a user of windows 10 but from the last 2 months the cut copy and paste option is not working properly please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cut-and-paste/e427f24d-0525-4807-9603-50dddf0f00d3
  9. copy, cut and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy, cut and paste not working: No matter what I try to do, I can't manipulate folders by cut, copy and paste. It is this way on the desktop, windows explorer and all programs. So far I have reset Windows 10, did a bare metal install of windows 10, and it will still not work. This last time, right after...
  10. Cut and paste in Works

Cut and paste in Works: I've long had the problem that cutting text in Word or Excel and trying to paste in a Works database produces just <<Picture>> in the box (there's a thread on that). Now it's putting <<Picture>> in the box even with a simple cut & paste from the adjacent field....