Windows 10: Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

Discus and support Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved: in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this cut & paste problem for 2-weeks, I eventually found the answer on the www, it was only a few short lines, the other answers contained huge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RU18 AND SOBER, Nov 1, 2018.

1. RU18 AND SOBER Win User

Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved:

I had this cut & paste problem for 2-weeks, I eventually found the answer on the www, it was only a few short lines, the other answers contained huge amounts of information and for this reason looked more convincing, I mean to say if they can write 500 words on this subject one assumes that they must know what they are talking about. The few magic lines said:

In word highlight the page you are working on, control-A.
    Press keys CONTROL-SHIFT with left hand.
    With right hand press F9. And thats it cured.

Others have restart is the answer, I did, time after time, but it was no use. Stick with the 3-golden lines above.

:)

RU18 AND SOBER, Nov 1, 2018
  2. Zedrick Del Win User

my cut and paste is not working

Hello Patricia,

To better manage this thread regarding the cut and paste issue of your device. I'd like to verify if the issue persists. If yes, I'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you using the shortcut keys or your mouse to cut and paste text?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, I'd recommend checking the on-screen keyboard if the issue also occurs on it. To open the on-screen keyboard, type
    OSK in the Search box and press
    Enter. Then, try cutting and pasting a text using it and check if the issue persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Nov 1, 2018
  3. rondaWF Win User
    cut and paste not working

This subject has been beaten to death, by frustrated people, but aside from one answer of a microsoft tech in 2015 (which only 2 found helpful and did not answer the question), why won´t cut and paste work?

I cannot download windows 10 again, until this problem is solved. Twice I downloaded windows 10, and twice I paid for expensive repairs (and loss of time on my use of my computer), but due to the pressure to download before the cut off date at the end of
    this month, I again downloaded windows 10 (and thank God I had to foresight to save how to roll it back on an email).

WHY WON´T CUT AND PASTE (CONTROL C CONTROL V WORK). <removed>I have a computer to work and for pleasure, not to scream and swear at.

***Edited subject by the Moderator for clarification***

rondaWF, Nov 1, 2018
  4. hogesinwa Win User

Cut and Paste procedure is NOT "cutting"

Hi. I am engaged in a lengthy exercise to shift a heap of files from RAR-type folders to normal folders.

I am cutting-and-pasting. However, Windows is NOT cutting, it is copying and pasting and I then have to go back to delete the file.

Why O why O why will this. !%^$% system not do as it is told. Have we slowly morphed into an Apple lookalike where nerds "know" what is best for us?

When I "cut", I want it cut!

Anyone know why this is occurring?

Suggestions appreciated.

Hoges

hogesinwa, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Cut & Paste Not Working: Instantly Solved: - Similar Threads - Cut Paste Working

2. sentence format in cut and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    sentence format in cut and paste: When pasting from nonword doc to word doc the sentence tabs default to cut doc meaning I have to adjust each sentence. I know there must be a way to reformat entire paste text so sentence tabs are same as my MS word defaults but I can't find it. Please help me before I jump...
  3. Making folders. cut & paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Making folders. cut & paste: I have an HP Pavilion and I need to know how to make folders, cut and paste. I'm not very familiar with the function keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/making-folders-cut-paste/3abc1d07-bb33-4634-9680-7298dcfb007e
  4. highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch

in Browsers and Email
    highlight and cut and paste not working on coastwatch: Hi, A few times I've been to coastwatch.com.au website and looked at the Fishing topic. It was possible to highlight words and then copy and paste, but not now. Does anyone know if its a problem with windows 10 or has coastwatch web page stopped this to happen, If so, is...
  5. Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE)

in Browsers and Email
    Cut and paste URLS only works in compatibilty mode (IE): Hi there I seem to have problems in IE cutting and pasting URL links unless I'm in compatibility mode. Running W10 build 9879 with latest fixes applied. Not a big deal but just another thing to watch for in testing the OS. Cheers jimbo 3557
  6. Cutting and pasting in word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cutting and pasting in word: When I cut text in word it is not there when I want to paste it. I can copy and paste but then need to go back and delete the text I've just copied. I've had windows 10 since April and I'm sure I've been able to do it before but I can't today. I've gone through the advanced...
  7. cut copy paste

in Windows 10 Support
    cut copy paste: Before update 14383 I used my mouse for cut. copy, paste. After this update that disappeared. Why 55859
  8. Cut or Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Cut or Copy and Paste: How do you copy or paste from one document to another in Windows 10? Thanks. 48387
  9. Cut/Copy/Paste stops working except pure text

in Windows 10 Support
    Cut/Copy/Paste stops working except pure text: I find that I can copy text within Notepad, Notepad++, etc. just fine. However, in most other programs, cut/copy/paste just does not work. This includes the address bar in Firefox/Chrome/Edge, etc. It's the same whether I use ctrl+x/ctrl+c/ctrl+v, right click, or use the...
  10. File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working: Hi there, I need some help seeing at MS Support could not solve the problem. When trying to copy and paste a file from File Explorer (or Desktop), my "Paste" operations remains disabled. As if the copy operation never actually copied the file. I also noticed that when I...