Windows 10: Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'(

Discus and support Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'( in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why windows doing this? Why doesn't it just paste the thing as it is ??? Why transform it to empty folders ??????? PHOTOS ARE NOT EMPTY FOLDERS !!! WHY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Haitam123, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Haitam123 Win User

Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'(

Why windows doing this? Why doesn't it just paste the thing as it is ??? Why transform it to empty folders ??????? PHOTOS ARE NOT EMPTY FOLDERS !!! WHY THIS GAVE ME EMPTY FOLDERS !! I JUST DID CUT AND PASTE AS I ALWAYS DO but why this time transform the whole 4GB of photos to 47mb of empty folders with some mp3 files in it !!! Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'( 697f60e7-4519-4ae7-bde1-18c430d4929e?upload=true.png

:)

Haitam123, Oct 14, 2019
  2. WillJDunn Win User

Files gone after cut/paste then undo (control+z)

I seem to have lost my files after doing the following steps. Is there a way for me to find the files?

• I created a new folder in "Pictures" called "MomsPhone" C:\Users\willj\Pictures\MomsPhone
    • I selected the picture files from the android phone's DCIM folder, right clicked and chose "Cut"
    • Right clicked in the "MomsPhone" folder and chose "Paste"
    • In the "Pictures" directory, pressed control+z (undo)
    After the above the "MomsPhone" directory is gone, the only folder in "Pictures" that was created today is "New folder" which is empty. The files from the original device (pictures from android phone's DCIM folder) are also gone (result of the cut/paste)

Edit: I use a Windows 10 HP with a Samsung SSD

WillJDunn, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Toshiba Offers Adapter Turning External Drives Into Networked Storage Devices

you can do this on android anyway, my regular boring old NAS does this with my phone.

ES file explorer -> homepage shortcut to NAS 'photos' folder, cut and paste my DCIM folders contents across once a week.

Mussels, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'(

windows 10 cut and paste photos from folders

Hi,

If you are referring to the option "cut and paste photos" in photo gallery.

There is no option to cut and paste photos to folders using photo gallery or photo app.

But you can right click on the photo, copy the photo and paste it on other folder. once you done, you can delete the photo from the photo gallery.

If you want to cut and paste photos from one folder to another, follow the steps below.

- Right click on the photo and select 'cut'.

- Go to the location were you want to paste, right click and select paste.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'(

1. Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'( - Similar Threads - Cutting pasting DCIM

2. photos deleted from my phone after cutting and pasting onto laptop but it isn't on the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photos deleted from my phone after cutting and pasting onto laptop but it isn't on the...: hp laptop and samsung phone, the file on the laptop shows that it is empty, and I was trying to back it up on the laptop so no prior backup on phone....
  3. photos deleted from my phone after cutting and pasting onto laptop but it isn't on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos deleted from my phone after cutting and pasting onto laptop but it isn't on the...: hp laptop and samsung phone, the file on the laptop shows that it is empty, and I was trying to back it up on the laptop so no prior backup on phone....
  4. photos deleted from my phone after cutting and pasting onto laptop but it isn't on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...: I was trying to move files from my samsung phone to my windows 10 pc and because I was trying to rush I cut some folders and pasted them to an attached USB drive. The folders all pasted with absolutely zero contents. I previously cut and pasted another folder so I just...
  6. Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...: I was trying to move files from my samsung phone to my windows 10 pc and because I was trying to rush I cut some folders and pasted them to an attached USB drive. The folders all pasted with absolutely zero contents. I previously cut and pasted another folder so I just...
  7. Android Folders Cut and Paste - Folders are all empty...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  9. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  10. iphone 6 DCIM folder shows empty when connected to my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iphone 6 DCIM folder shows empty when connected to my pc: Recently developed a problem when I connect it to my iphone 6 to download pics to my pc When I click on the iphone icon the DCIM folder appears, but when I click on it a response appears "this file is empty" The DCIM folder does contain numerous photo files, and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i just copy paste dcim folder android

2. why does file disappear in dcim folder when trying to cut from android to pc