Windows 10: Cyber attack from downloaded screensaver Fliqlo Screensaver left in Apps & features after...

Discus and support Cyber attack from downloaded screensaver Fliqlo Screensaver left in Apps & features after... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not really sure what this means. Apparently program was stopped from installing by the Sophos Anti-virus program that was running. I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DRBnaz, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DRBnaz Win User

Cyber attack from downloaded screensaver Fliqlo Screensaver left in Apps & features after...

I am not really sure what this means. Apparently program was stopped from installing by the Sophos Anti-virus program that was running. I checked Apps & features and still see Fliqlo Screen Saver listed. When I try to uninstall I get RED X "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting page.

I think it is still in the Registry, but I am not a Windows tech and do not to play with my Windows registry.

Any suggestions on how to remove this app completely.

Thank you!

:)

DRBnaz, Jan 3, 2019

2. screensaver versus no screensaver

Then in that case, I do not have a screensaver, rather a power saver!

WhiteLotus, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    screensaver versus no screensaver

screensavers are a leftover from back when

A: screens burned images in

B: the technology to have the screen power off didnt exist

C: screens took ages to power on

it is a complete waste of energy (on the monitor, CPU and video card if its 3D) to use a screensaver in this day and age - just set the screen to turn off after 5-15 minutes. (and NO, that wont feck with games or movies - fullscreen apps tend to stop screens powering down)

ding. especially if its a 3D screensaver, its just ridiculous.

Mussels, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Cyber attack from downloaded screensaver Fliqlo Screensaver left in Apps & features after...

screensaver versus no screensaver

On Windows XP, the screensaver was running even when the montior was off which is a waste. Ever since I discovered that, I simply turn screensavers off and have the monitor power down in 5 minutes or less.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Cyber attack from downloaded screensaver Fliqlo Screensaver left in Apps & features after...

1. Cyber attack from downloaded screensaver Fliqlo Screensaver left in Apps & features after... - Similar Threads - Cyber attack downloaded

2. cyber attacks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cyber attacks: i ran in to a problem while doing an up date to win10. the install crashed duing update and the DSN number no longer would connect to microsoft this was a big issue. affter doing some nerd stuff i corrected the DSN and caught 4 realy nasty back door trojans used for control...
  3. CYBER ATTACK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CYBER ATTACK: Hi. We are a Windows 7 user. Today I was attacked by a cyber attack and my computer was hacked. And all my files have the LEZP extension. Please help me to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cyber-attack/40a0a6e2-6ec2-4e0e-9acd-10a73a352757
  4. Downloaded screensaver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloaded screensaver: How do I find and delete a screensaver that I downloaded from Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-screensaver/85da67dd-5833-4b9e-aa20-475e7fb113a0
  5. Screensaver

Screensaver: Is there a way to randomize screensaver photo in Windows 10? Thx, JD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver/dbb69809-eded-4f42-9601-4d92ace37c18
  6. downloaded screensaver

downloaded screensaver: I downloaded a screensaver and it's listed under screensaver when I go to change it, but it doesn't come up. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-screensaver/5951e35b-8982-4805-a14d-9ee802ce0239
  7. Screensaver Countdown Feature

Screensaver Countdown Feature: Any ideas on how a person might add a countdown timer, to warn that the screensaver is about to turn on? I've got to re-login whenever it does, and sometimes I'm just sitting here, thinking. I wouldn't want something like Mouse Jiggler -- I do want the screensaver to turn on,...
  8. SCREENSAVER

SCREENSAVER: HOW DO I CREATE MY OWN SCREENSAVER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screensaver/d843cb45-ef62-447b-909d-d5b10cdccf3a
  9. Screensaver Apps Size

Screensaver Apps Size: Suddenly all of my Screensaver Apps are huge...how do I reduce them? Moved from: Settings and personalization/Personalizing my content/All...
  10. No Screensaver

No Screensaver: Hi folks, despite setting up my screensaver to show a slideshow of my pictures like I did in Windows 7 it will not start. Also the computer does not shut down even though I've set it to turn off after an hour. Not life or death but irritating. 15116