Windows 10: Cyber Security Dept warning

Discus and support Cyber Security Dept warning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I keep getting calls from 855-985-9458 , saying they are from Microsoft and that my computer and all the rest of my equipment such as my phone, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RenePond, Sep 27, 2018.

1. RenePond Win User

Cyber Security Dept warning

I keep getting calls from 855-985-9458 , saying they are from Microsoft and that my computer and all the rest of my equipment such as my phone, the

Ipad etc are at risk for hackers and that I have been hacked. Do you recognize this number and are they from Microsoft?

:)

RenePond, Sep 27, 2018

2. Calls from Alleged MS CyberSecurity Dept

Would the Microsoft cyber security Dept. ever call me about attempts to hack my laptop? Keep getting calls from a number in Ohio, which I don't trust. Please advise...

Philly_Girl_5705, Sep 27, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Leading Technology Companies Announce Creation of Cyber Security Research Alliance

Today, leading technology companies announced the creation of the Cyber Security Research Alliance (CSRA). The CSRA is a private, non-profit research consortium formed in response to the growing need for increased public-private collaboration to address complex problems in cyber security. The founding members of the CSRI are Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Honeywell, Intel Corporation, Lockheed Martin, and RSA/EMC.

President Obama has prioritized cyber threats as one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face as a nation and a dependency to America's economic prosperity in the 21st century.

CSRA seeks to achieve coordinated industry participation to address national cyber security research and development (R&D) imperatives and bridge the gap between government funded R&D and commercially available products and solutions in cyber security. CSRA will focus on challenges that are bigger than any one company, consortium, sector or nation and ensure that government, industry and academia collaborate on in-depth problem understanding and definition.

"The CSRA is organized to leverage expertise, from member companies and partners in government and academia," said Lee Holcomb, president of the CSRA and vice president of strategic initiatives, Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions. "Together we hope to create viable, game changing cyber security solutions."

The CSRA is discussing with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) the arrangement for a joint cyber security research symposium in early 2013 to connect researchers and early adopters from across the private, academic, and government sectors.

"Putting into practice the exciting cyber security innovations that emerge from research requires active partnerships between government and industry and also among private sector stakeholders," said Chuck Romine, Director of NIST's Information Technology Laboratory. "The emergence of CSRA can strengthen both kinds of partnerships and we look forward to working with this new organization to promote a trustworthy cyberspace for our nation and its citizens."

Initially, CSRA will focus on building the organization and developing viable collaboration models. Activities and focus areas for the organization will include:
    • Prioritizing the "grand challenges" in cyber security through the collaboration of all stakeholders
    • Tracking cyber security R&D activities
    • Developing viable approaches to technology transfer

btarunr, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

security warning on edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is the default home page in Microsoft Edge?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to Clear caches and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

If the issue persist I suggest you to send us the screen shot of the Security Warning message.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Cyber Security Dept warning - Similar Threads - Cyber Security Dept

2. What are the major cyber security threats?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the major cyber security threats?: What are the major cyber security threats ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-major-cyber-security-threats/4e483274-dd07-4516-b142-87a4d76642c1
  3. What are the major cyber security threats?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the major cyber security threats?: What are the major cyber security threats ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-major-cyber-security-threats/4e483274-dd07-4516-b142-87a4d76642c1
  4. Is Elite Cyber Security a Microsoft Partner.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Elite Cyber Security a Microsoft Partner.: Hi, My husband contacted Microsoft because his computer was really slow and I was not home, so he tried to fix the problem by himself. He said they put him through Elite Cyber Security and they installed a 1 year security program on his machine. I can't contact Microsoft...
  5. 60 Minutes Cyber security Solarwindws

60 Minutes Cyber security Solarwindws: On 07/04/2021 there was a 60 Minutes episode on Cyber security / SolarWinds. The Russian hacking was discovered by Fireeye. 18,000 infected networks. Servers were set up inside the United States. Intruders impersonated employees. The Russians had lots of practice with the...
  6. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  7. How good is windows cyber security?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How good is windows cyber security?: Is it almost guaranteed to find malicious software? I would think as long as you keep it updated it would block most things. I do once in a while use those sketchy download sites for a video game mod. They try to trick you with which link actually downloads it but I always...
  8. asking for a solution for cyber security threats

asking for a solution for cyber security threats: what would u do if u have this neighbor that is using hacking tools,software or any programs they want to steal your wifi they don't usually connect they steal your data no matter how fast your internet it will slow down to 0 and they also installing something in your...
  9. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  10. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513