Windows 10: cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

Discus and support cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; smartredirect.de of adgoal.de infested my computer in 100s of files, making it almost unusable on internet. I found this by searching for redirect.de... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by morphingstar, Nov 29, 2020.

1. cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

smartredirect.de of adgoal.de infested my computer in 100s of files, making it almost unusable on internet. I found this by searching for redirect.de using FileLocator. I added NO REDIRECT to Firefox and adgoal.de with numbers to HOSTS in Win10. Then clear cache, history. This did not help. CCleaner was useless.

I intend to move all affected files to an external hard disk and then see whether the computer still works or reports FILE MISSING.

The affected files are in many different directories. I need to know how to move a bunch of files including their path, kind of mirror the source in the external hard disk. I know how to move files from 1 directory folder to external memory: First create path equivalent, then move files into the locations. This is not a suitable approach for the 100s of files and directories.

File compressors are able to store files with path. The quantity of files might be to big to be reliable and I would not know how to find the MISSING FILE by stored path if I required it to satisfy Win10 or any program needing it.

I do not wish to upload the error report to the forum >100kb as I can not see whether there is sensitive information inside between gibberish strings. I am currently modifying a copy of the error files by introducing NewLine+Return in front of the http://cybercriminal to make it easier to "read".

How to move as needed? Thanks.

:)

morphingstar, Nov 29, 2020

2. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Nov 29, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 29, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair

1. cybercriminal infested my computer - need help to repair - Similar Threads - cybercriminal infested computer

2. Computer Infested with virus/malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Infested with virus/malware: Hey there,I'm certain my computer has a heap of malware and I've been trying to remove it for days, reinstalling windows doesn't fix the issue. Virus will reappear after a day or so. I'm wondering what my options are. I've got an acer gaming laptop, running windows 11...
  3. Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot loop on repeat after a potential malware infestation. Debugging help needed.: Hello, Upon yesterdays force hard shutdown ( power button power off ) Windows 10 Pro 64x had trouble booting. I wouldn't even load the kernel I would guess because i heard either disk or a fan restarting every second or so as if the whole system resented every second or so...
  4. Need help with my Computer

Need help with my Computer: I recently updated to Windows 10 update 2004 and the following day I used my computer I received multiple Werfault.Exe application error and svchost.exe application error. My desktop isn't loading(grey background) and so is my task bar(light blue circular loading icon). When...
  5. Need help with my computer.

Need help with my computer.: I just was just forced to update windows and at the tail end of it my computer black screened. Now everytime I start it up I get the error "Whea uncorrectable error". It was fine before the update so I don't know what to do. Also I am able to stay on the desktop in Safe mode...
  6. I need help with my computer.

I need help with my computer.: So after my computer updated, it started getting a little bit slow, but I could live with that. But after it updated again, every time it's either reset or turned on again, all documents are erased. Is there a way to fix thise or am I forever stuck with it? submitted by...
  7. Need help with Windows repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with Windows repair: I had some missing dlls and corrupted system files according to the system scan I ran in command promt and the restore command I used kept getting stuck at 84% every time so I downloaded a Windows 10 iso from the official website to make a Windows repair. But the problem is I...
  8. Need help repairing my desktop

Need help repairing my desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NO504Saint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eez6xo/need_help_repairing_my_desktop/
  9. Need help with automatic repair...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with automatic repair...: So I’m on windows 8.1 and have the automatic repair issue. I wouldn’t be posting here, since the ways to resolve it are self explanatory but it requires my password and I don’t have it. I also don’t remember my email either that was used to create the account (if I did use...
  10. Need Help Please- My computer is stuck on Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Please- My computer is stuck on Automatic Repair: So my computer has been stuck on Automatic repair and I have tried almost every solution that I can find; and yes I tried to install a new version of windows 10 but it doesnt work. I reinstalled windows yesterday. And today it went back to automatic repair Also this is...